Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

There was definitely an issue with the comers and funding. Im not sure the ins and outs. The Galway county board is, Iā€™ve been told on several occasions by different people skint, with historically major sums of money going missing. Supermacs to my mind pay very little for the exposure they get, and there is zero altruism in it. Wouldnā€™t do Galway any harm to openly seek another sponsor. Thereā€™s multinationals all over the place. Itā€™s a bit of a clique the county board, but the rumours of financial malfeasance are wide and deep going back.

4 Likes

Imagine being able to have lads fighting to give you money. Christ its a wonder the rest of us can keep afloat.

1 Like

The sums supermacs have given are underwhelming.

1 Like

Weā€™ll take him off your hands, heā€™s practically a Portlaoise man at this stage anyway.

1 Like

Heā€™s a strange character. I remember back when itā€™s was in ballinasloe, a local charity approached him. He said he wouldnā€™t give them money, but heā€™d do something for them. He brought in a very very early stage boyzone to play in Haydenā€™s. One of them shat in the sink.

3 Likes

So are these guys ineligible for last yrs U20 championship if they play in this yrs senior championship?

No, because itā€™s last yearā€™s competition so theyā€™ll be fine.

However, they wonā€™t be able to play u20 in 2021.

I was in the Palm Club later that night. The Boyzone lads were there. They werenā€™t very pleasant individuals.

2 Likes

Just looking back through this thread and came across this.

Iā€™m some judge of a player.

I think there are too many hangers on in most of these county boards, I am sure many of them are friends of his. Anyway as you said he gets unreal exposure for very little outlay.

1 Like

Kildare under 20 hurlers on the verge on beating Wexford.

KILDARE WIN

Theyā€™re gone buck ape

1 Like

You canā€™t put stock on any minor teams/results/champions since it has gone to under 17.

1 Like

Was that championship?

Yes

1 Like

Fuck

We played Naas a few times recently. A serious outfit and a match for anyone.

2 Likes

Savage effort gone into Nass hurling, very admirable. The GAA will do fuck all to help them though in the long run

Naas have a fulltime GPO part funded by the GAA

Only part. Fucking hell, itā€™s insult upon insult