Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Firstly, no hyperbole, just calling it like I saw it. Bennet was outof his dept for a lot off theTipp game, but finished strong and had a good game on Sat. No second coming just yet.

The goal was as good as anything i have ever seen, the angle of the run, and the first touch/pickup were the impressive bits, neither could be appreciated on the Tv last night, as the angle wasnt great and replay only showed the finish.

With regard to judging sizeā€¦ There was a clip early on last night of Ray Barry and limerick midfielder contesting a dropping ball, both are same hieght roughly, and looked similar ā€˜sizeā€™ on TG4 last nightā€¦ The reality is that the limerick player is about 3 stone heavier.

But feel free to think that you have seen enough of these two teams to form a good judgement, the 80 minutes of live action I saw was obviously not as good as what you saw in 8 minutes on TG4.

Mad argument by you here, Kev. :lol:

Kev, Itā€™s ok not to know everything.
You do not know better than everyone else.
Sometimes you are right, sometimes you are wrong, you are not right every time.

Not saying iā€™m right, and iā€™m agreeing with most of what was said, just saying i had an opinion from watching it and i thought blaa was doing an injustice to Limerick. He is seriously biased anyway. :smiley:

Anyway hang, all those goals i would have seen on tv, so same barometer. Anyway, class act. Waterford are certainly in a good place for the future.

That makes no sense

He said watching on tv did it no justice, i had compared to Honans goals, which i only saw on tv. whats so hard to understand?

lets end this now, it is retarded.

Yes, I agree, your point is retarded.

HB is saying you canā€™t appreciate the skill involved in the goal because you didnā€™t see it live, but you are saying that because you didnā€™t see what went before the goal then you can equally compare it to another goal because you only saw that on tv too?

What went before it? From memory it was a long ball in and picked up the ball and beat a couple and scored. Didnā€™t think i missed anything.

Its not a fucking Chinaman you are talking to here, i appreciate the skills ffs.

Anyway, my main point was hang was going over the top in his description. No big deal, if he wants it to be named the greatest goal ever then he can go right ahead, i wonā€™t stand in his way.

Thatā€™s very magnanimous of you Kev :lol:

Iā€™m very good that way, and despite their supporters i have a soft spot in my heart for Waterford hurling.

Any Clare people who have seen them in action this year (or Kev) care to fill us in on their strengthsā€¦ In last years munster final I thought the midfield pairing were outstanding, and both of them took some nice scores against Tippā€¦

I have seen Kilkenny twice and while they are good they are far from a vintage KK minor team, Westmeath should have bet them. I know nothing of Dubs or Galway.

Clare are playing pretty much the same style and gameplan as last year, with similar style players replacing the lads that are overage. The two wing backs probably arenā€™t as good as the two from last year but they arenā€™t poor by any stretch of the imagination. They have far more goals in them compared to last years side as well

Dublin 1-24 Kildare 0-12 (or was it 0-11?)

Best performance Iā€™ve ever seen from a Dublin minor team anyway, on top in pretty much every position, skilful, fast, fit. Kildare were highly rated opponents too. Some improvement by Dublin from an 0-10 to 0-5 win against Longford last time. Ciaran Kilkenny is the real deal, has it all. Scored six or seven from play, evenly spread off right and left foot, has pace and great vision in his passing too. He also looks about five years older than anybody else on the team. Iā€™d be surprised if he is not on the senior panel next year although he is another of these lads that will be playing for too many teams over the next few years between U-21 hurling and football, club and college too presumably.

Gavin Ivory from Raheny in the half forward line is a very good player as well. Patrick Oā€™Higgins, also from Raheny, dominated midfield Heā€™s easily identifiable with a big mop of blond hair. 3 Raheny players on the team, the third being Rutherson Real, a pacy corner back who was on last yearā€™s panel. No. 5 Jack McCaffrey from Clontarf is another excellent prospect as are Paul Mannion of Kilmacud, a corner forward who got the goal (left foot finish from an angle after a well worked move through the centre involving Ivory), and Cormac Costello of Whitehall Colmcille another forward. There has been some serious forward talent on Dublin minor teams the last couple of years and this bunch look the best of the lot.

Was 0-8 to 0-5 coming up to half time, Dublin pulled away to lead 0-11 to 0-5 at the break and then the early part of the second half was a procession with Dublin getting the first five points all from play. Kildare got one point to bring it back to 0-16 to 0-7 and then the goal killed off the match completely.

Dublin will take some stopping based on this. Leinster Final is against Meath who beat Louth 0-13 to 0-10.

Jack McCaffrey is Noelā€™s son.

This hang blaa fellow had some cheek to be calling out KeV here. A corkman watching 8 minutes of highlights will always see more than a gobshite from Waterford watching 80 minutes.

I love Kevs putdown- Ive always had a soft spot for Waterford hurling. Class.

I had assumed that alright when I saw the McCaffrey/Clontarf combination.

Noel was stone mad.

if waterford are good enough to beat the clare minors this year then they have a fine side because this is an excellent team and i expect the clare management to put them on the field ready to perform. lots of skill and pace all over the field and they are in excellent physical condition.

with regard to limerick they looked all heart drive and commitment to me on the highlights. even some of the better limerick players looked slightly awkward in their technique.

their is definitely potential there though but the poison in the air surrounding this group and the fathers butting heads will more than like ruin the whole thing as they pass through under 21.
hopefully this won`t happen but at the moment thats the road they are on

ps bandage will you bugger off back to drooling over celtic transfer news and don`t be embarrassing yourself hanging around the corners of hurling conversations nodding and trying to look involved.

Is Kilkenny a better hurler or footballer Sid?