Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Why would I be embarrassed? I’d be more embarrassed if I didn’t know what the word “beyond” means like you

Simple question, who doesn’t use a sweeper or move extra men in the half of the field the team is defending?

There’s a clear difference between a lad standing in front of the full back line like De Burca and the likes of wing forwards and midfielders dropping back to close the space for puck outs

No there really isn’t.
The effect is generally similar but the use of wing forwards as auxiliary midfielders and pushing extra men into the half back line is greater but it requires better coaching and execution.

I was very impressed with Galway. Plenty of players with senior potential. Tipp corner forward Lyndon Fairbrother is one for the great sportsperson names thread, if such a thread exists.

There clearly is a difference. The effect isn’t similar at all. When midfielders and wing forwards drop back their men generally follow them out. So midfielders on both teams will be in the congested area both contesting the breaking ball or moving into space for a pass. The wing backs will stay a bit off the wing forwards who go back but again if the ball breaks out the wing backs can get an easy handpass. With a man on his own in front of the full back line there is uncontested ball for the sweeper when the ball breaks

Tipp getting annihilated.

Kerry 2-07 Tipp 0-02 after 24 minutes.

Ref absolutely rode us with the penalty there. A team 8 points down to get hit by a penalty instead of a free out for diving.
Fuck Kerry. Come on the dubs.

CUNT of a ref. A free in there on 32mins for a Kerry barge. Against a beaten team.

Tipperary would want to come out in the second half an salvage a bit of pride and start breaking Kerry jaws and ankles off the ball, and let them earn their cynical win.

The penalty was a farce, but other than that why should the ref referee any different cos of the score? That’s one of the things that needs to be eradicated from gaa. Refs regularly drag teams back into games.

Because I’m at home watching it and want to be amused by a close match ?

That penalty came just at the wrong time. Not arguing, Kerry are far better but to be also rode by the ref makes it disappointing altogether.
Most right thinking refs who make a wrong decision will rectify it as the game progresses but not this cunt. He effectively ruined the game.

The wing and corner pack pulled the Tipp corner forward to the ground Kilkenny style and no free.
Time to get the boot of the car cleaned out.

Tipp are poor. 14 points down and still playing a sweeper and not manning up in the backs either.

2 Likes

Credit also to Kerry. An exceptionally good panel of footballers.

1 Like

No doubt about that, they’d have won easy regardless. But you’re in a final getting hopped off, throw off the shackles and give it a go. Sweeper ain’t working anyway.

Exceptional Kerry team tho. Saw both of these earlier in the year and I thought they’d win easy, but not this easy

Fitzgerald was a bit green there taking yer man down. …
He was able to get up after it. Awful mistake to make. Sheep as a lamb. Should have cleaned him completely out of it and stretchered him off

Agree.

Management looking a bit foolish to be still looking at Martin (15) yet taking off Tynan & McGrath.

Kerry have given an outstanding performance.however Tipp let them have it a bit too and seemed in awe of them.

Awful pity the system cost us a Cork-Kerry final.

Some point from Duggan just now

Not exceptional I would say. Very good yes, but last year’s was more talented. Difference is standard is lower this year.