Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

Ya

Two gifts of goals for Limerick, but they’ve had plenty other chances tbf. Both inside lines look like doing damage but it’s fairly open stuff

I didn’t think he was going to blow for that, Whelan fluffs it big-time then

Not a clue where that sliotar went :man_shrugging:t2:

Home advantage has counted for a fair bit the last five minutes

Ref had fairly let it flow but made a few strange enough calls. Whelan nails the one that matters.

Clare backs have been outstanding here in the last quarter. The switches early in the second half changed the game.

A very average Limerick side managed to hang in that but Clare are miles better.

It got fair dark during this game

1 Like

Sixmilebridge and Fraher Field are poor venues for this overall

Thought we were looking at a comfortable defeat when Whelan made a bags of that free he tried to pass and put it out over the end line. Limerick went down the field and O Brien had Leydon in all kinds of trouble. Thought they would drop heads but didn’t.

Fantastic effort goal by Collins, had no right to win that ball let alone goal. Really nice last quarter by Clare to take the game over

Thought limerick made a lot of unforced handling errors and poor touches which hindered a lot of their play

Settled much better with the changes at the back.
Might be tougher challenges ahead

I was switching over between both streams on tg4 YouTube.

Cork are miles ahead in Munster.
Clare the next best.
Limerick ahead of Waterford.

Tipp probably better than Waterford and a similar standard to Limerick if I had to guess.

Cork have lots of lads of a very good standard but none that are generational. Ben O Connor was potentially the one from this group.

I think Diarmuid Healy could make a fine senior hurler

1 Like

He could and lots of these lads could, but they wont make the difference between winning and losing at senior level.

Clare nor Limerick will trouble Cork or Tipp

They’d be fine another month on in the year but they’re under pressure in a variety of ways in early April

1 Like

Judging by Tipps form in challenge games they will struggle to win any game at u20.

Jack Leahy should make a very good inter county forward.
That O Sullivan corner back is excellent.

Healy is very good.

I hope the day hasn’t gone where William Buckley would make a top senior hurler. Skill and speed oozing from him, MOTM in two AI finals but the middle third now at senior level just seems like warfare.

1 Like