Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

15 can play as long as 16 before end of year - in other words overage for under 15s.

Dow was involved with the development squads I thought rather than a lad parachuted in

1 Like

Ah - wasn’t aware of that about 15 year olds

I get that alright with him involved in development squads but would a county not want someone with a bit of decent management experience in there? Even some club

What club experience had the managers of the 2022 and 2023 minor all Ireland winners?

Didn’t he win some underage title with na piarsaigh in 2018? Oh no that was a walkover.

3 Likes

Woodlock has been involved in Tipp camogie, Drom-Inch seniors and the Garda College so wouldn’t be totally clueless

Euan Murray a very exciting talent for Tipp.

Shane Power at centre forward for Waterford proved to be a handful - very powerful (parden the pun)

Presume Mark Hartley is Fergal’s son? Nice hurler

1 Like

Dowling has coached at adult club level in fairness to him. I can’t stand the baldy bollix but let’s be fair to the fella

1 Like

Woodlock is a good and somewhat proven manager

Fair enough - even though Coaching is a different kettle of fish

How did he do with SJD? Did he lose a final was it ?

Got to an intermediate final. Heard he was seen as only ok as a coach

He’s not coaching though. Liam Cronin is the coach.

What I was saying was I appreciate he had coached before and that’s all well-and-good, but had he managed before bar the ‘developmental’ squads.

A few questionable decisions too, took off Kearney when he looked like a danger inside if he got the right ball. Cork were bigger too so maybe on a dryer pitch with better handling the running game might work better.

Tough ask for the Clare under 20s tonight despite the win last week- same team named but supposedly one enforced change in defence - PUC may well suit some of our lads but last week showed that we have a ball of leaders and athletic hurlers but we are also a fairly poorly balanced side carrying a handful of lads and not much on the bench either.

Would be happy if we are still in the game with 10 to go and go from there but like last year I think we will struggle once cork empty the bench and bring in fresh legs

Clare hit the ground running in PuíC, Cork seem to be trying to leave plenty room for their inside line but they’re not getting the possession to make use of it

18 gone

Clare 0-10
Cork 0-3

Leahy having a shaky night on the frees for Cork, they seem a bit rattled by the Clare start

Ref books Terence Fahy and lets the lad who started the melee off altogether

High scoring half in Rathkeale so far