Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

This ref will nearly put it in the net himself for Limerick at this stage

Great to see the Tippos getting so excited about underage. They love their hurling down there.

Good start for a very unfancied side.

1 Like

Fulltime
Cork 2-22
Clare 1-19

1 Like

Was all Clare until the Cork 13 conned the ref/linesman into giving a red card. Shot ourselves in the foot tonight. Lesson learned you’d hope.

1 Like

Limk obsessed with playing the short game. They don’t have the skills for it.

Cork fairky opened us up when they were given the time to pick passes. Leydon took another serious roasting - Cahill, Gunning and Kilroy I thought were impressive all night but we badly lost our composure the few minutes before and after the red card and it decided the game.

Very much carrying a few lads tonight who are not at this level and it showed

Clare were impressive in the first 20. Think they had just 1 wide. Jack O’Neill had a stormer and is after seriously beefing up over the Winter.

Cork were awful in that first half - inaccurate, loose and second to breaking ball.

Clare’s tackle technique was particularly impressive.

William Buckley MOTM I’d say, followed by Finn.

1 Like

Sounds like we have gone way back since three years ago and with BOC gone.

https://twitter.com/ConnachtGAA/status/1778850198271184977?t=04rn3heWkpQtye_xa3rdmQ&s=19

God bless the Clare lads are absolutely seething. And the one county that absolutely cannot complain about other county’s players feigning injury, they do it all the fucking time.

10 Likes

They’re not happy unless they have a cause to rage against or a perceived slight on them…even better if its both at once

2 Likes

I think it was a shame that the game all but hinged on those couple of minutes as it would have been finely poised if Clare had gone in 4 to 6 up at half time and 15 on 15 and both teams would probably have been the better for having a second half contest like that would have probably gone down to the wire.

Looking back, the ref and his officials seem to lose their heads in those few minutes - the ref card is a terrible call looking at the incident on replay, there isn’t even the hint of a dunt or headbutt.

Clare lost all shape after the red and coughed up an easy enough 1-3 before half time through fouls, a poor puckout and poor defensive shape which wasn’t in keeping with their performance in the first 25 minutes.

I think it may be more the endless diving they object to. Winning frees for nothing.

We all object to that pal. Would Adam Hogan and Shane O’Donnell?

1 Like

Art form in cork…

What was impressive about receiving 6 yellow cards and 1 red.

The current Meath U20 Goalie isn’t likely to solve their goalkeeping issues either

Not to be outdone Conor Browne matches his error

Unsurprising behaviour from a Laois football team post match again tonight. But shur it’s their culture