Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

On the balance of play Tipp should have won that, left two or three goals behind them but I thought the Clare backs were dogged throughout and gave Tipp nothing easy. Two very solid teams

1 Like

The goal Tipp got was probably the softest of all the chances.

Butler x2 and O’Donoghue in the first half should have stuck theirs. At least they got a few points off those though.

McCormack was a huge loss going off. He has it. Think Tipp have a few weak links but they have spirit and togetherness. Both midfielders are made of the right stuff and O’Donoghue looks like a man for 18. Need more from McCarthy and Butler inside.

Half forward line weren’t half as busy like second half. Turning point was Tipp sub mis hitting an absolute sitter and Whelan pointed from play other end - stopped the rot and gave belief again.

1 Like

Down for next Friday night but I wonder could that double it up with the football on the Saturday.

I was thinking that. Much better idea surely? I would head to that if so.

Asking a bit much of stewards etc to volunteer three days of the one weeknd

Zero chance of it happening.

Only saw the last few minutes of it but the yerras were haunted to sneak by Meath by a point.

Meath won the All-Ireland at minor in that age group and Kerry didn’t even win Munster so I’d say the Royals will be disappointed.

Meath made some balls of a great chance in added time. Could have either fisted an equalising point or passed across the square to an unmarked team mate for a certain goal. Did neither in the end.

Laois shoulda beaten Meath in truth. Was left behind and then Meath acted like tramps after the game. You’d be delighted to see them gone but you’d have to admit it’s an All Ireland left behind for us

Indeed. Sure ye only lost by the 7 odd points…

1 Like

Yep, those last two goals were killer blows.

Laois always coulda shoulda but didn’t.

Surprised at that, thought Wexford didn’t look too much handier than Offaly earlier in the year

https://twitter.com/gaaleinster/status/1789352075144393115?s=46&t=YOfhVM10W0bcyIiYSLI3Wg

Hon Wexford. Leather the biffs…the cunts…

Kk vs Offaly on TG4 Youtube has been good so far. Kk should be closer only for a few bad wides

Offaly the more skillful team IMO. KK have a few agricultural enough hurlers out there. Physical mismatch in a few positions.

Guinan and Bourke going very well for Offaly. I like the look of Shine and Neary for KK.

Massively so.

Biggest crowd in O’Connor Park in years. I’m conflicted here. Offaly have lovely hurlers and probably should be more than 2 points up. Pitch is absolutely heaving with children at half time. Does the heart good to see it

2 Likes