Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

Almost certainly wouldā€™ve been a Fitzgibbon Cup starter for Mary I this year if he didnā€™t drop out as a Fresher the year before (not sure if heā€™s gone back to college anywhere else)

Heā€™s a fine hurler.

2 good teams. Tipp forwards doing well in the air so far.

Great score from High Tower

Heā€™s a big loss now

Blood sub I think

Weā€™ve hit some bad wides.

Weā€™ll need more than one goal in this.

Looked like some sort of dislocation to me with the way the Doc was pulling at it

Agree

Tipp well on top since halftime, Clare only hanging on. We seem to have lost our shape altogether, not making any headway through midfield or the half-forward line

1 Like

Weā€™re not taking our chances though. I think ye might sneak this

Thought there should have been a free to Clare for a push in the back before the throw-ball was called. McCarthy took the chance well tbf

Commentatorā€™s :eye:

McCormack a huge loss. He was the focus of all attacks and they couldnt handle him.

We had three other clear goal chances and didnā€™t convert.

I thought the two lads in mf did well.

Cork to travel to Ennis now I take it for the semi final? Big ask.

Yup, away to Clare. Home advantage will be massive.

McCormack is class and a huge loss alright. In fairness though Maxted at full back is probably the fifth or sixth choice full back but due to injuries and leaving cert they havenā€™t much other choice, they were right to target him. Two years ago he was playing Celtic challenge.

John Cahill was excellent I thought. Won the battle with McCarthy who had a few flashes but Cahill won an amount of ball. Thought the half backs were all really solid too, Hegarty first half especially was very prominent. Whelan was about the only forward who was consistently in it, after a poor showing v Limerick he has been excellent since and looks a better player than I gave him credit for. Rynne and Oā€™Neill never really got going at all - much more needed from them the next day out.

2 Likes

Terence can hardly contain his excitement here

3 Likes

From the Brian Lohan school of media training