Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 2)

It’s sad that on a such a night for Longford football Dublin surporoters are lashing out.

Longford are back

It was quite alarming how quickly Dublin ran out of ideas .

Dublin tactics a joke tonight, all hand passing, no full forward line.

1 Like

@Fagan_ODowd

I was in Portlaoise today. It’s a fairly hefty walk from the midway to the pitch. They’ve put pillars on both sides of the road so no chance of parking on the way up. I reckon your best bet is to leave a little earlier, exit at junction 16, come up through the town and park in the Kyle center. You could also exit same way. I’d say you’d only have half the walk to the pitch that way

1 Like

Cheers Mike

1 Like

@Spidey @binkybarnes what’s the word with this 20’s team vs Offaly tonight? They’ve a chance?

I’ll be in the green hills for the carvery on Sunday. You can buy me a lemonade :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Yeah a good chance I think - coming in with a bit of momentum and have added incentive of looking for a bit of revenge on last years and the result earlier this campaign. Will be a huge Offaly crowd so will need to keep it relatively tight and hope a stronger bench closes it out. Should be a cracker.

1 Like

Offaly 4/5 with PP and Dublin 5/4. Thats about right I’d say. They beat us by a point in parnell in the group stages. We have improved considerably since then but I’m sure they have too.

Our best lads imo are Brendan Kenny at 5. Conal O Rian midfield and in the forwards Diamuid o Dulainn, David Purcell and Ollie Gaffney. They are all in a good vein of form apart from gaffney who has been quiet.

1 Like

Ravenhill out with serious hamstring injury as well I see.

I’d be wary enough of that. I reckon it could be very busy and a bottleneck.

Yeah, a big loss. It means they have to move Bourke to centre forward. He did a lot of damage in the inside line in the group game.

Such a silly rule that punishes talented young players and smaller clubs.

It’ll be a bottleneck anyway. Since they finished those roadworks, there isn’t a hope in hell of parking up at the side of the road. Granted midway is the best for a quick exit but it’s a fair walk.

Ah its a 20 minute walk. Be grand on a decent evening. But anyway, I’d go up around the Plaza to Clonminam, especially if you’re in at a decent time.

1 Like

I’d say most of the Offaly support will probably do that

There was some amount of them in the Kyle 2 years ago for the Leinster Minor Final.

I know I got caught in it. I was coming back from Monaghan the same day and was coming into Portlaoise at the “right wrong “ time . Took me nearly as long to get through portlaoise as it did to get from Monaghan down

I’d go early and park up around Telffords. You wont go too far wrong, but there’s 10k+ expected so no matter where you go, you’ll meet it.

They made some cunt of the Abbeyleix Rd.

[quote=“myboyblue, post:1021, topic:37755, full:true”
They made some cunt of the Abbeyleix Rd.
[/quote]

They did in fairness. Time was you could swing a right coming out of the shopping centre and get away with it. Now it’s just easier to go left and hit the roundabout.