Official All Ireland Minor and U20 Hurling & Football Thread (Part 1)

Delighted

Actually quite close to the scoreline 2 years ago if I’m not mistaken. Not all that surprising. Mullen the destroyer again.

A good win for Laois tonight in the football beating reigning AI champions Kildare. @myboyblue , who is the manager Billy O Loughlin? His names rings a bell but I just cant place him.

Was he involved with DIT at Sigerson level a few years ago? Think that’s where I remember him from.

1 Like

Any of these games on tg4?

Son of Declan O Loughlin, selector with Micko back in the mid noughties. As Declan said, he won a Sigerson with DIT when Aidan O Shea was there, and managed them when the Dublin fella refused to play Sigerson a year or two back.

Also played with Lomans of Westmeath in the Leinster Final loss to Moorefield, came on as a sub and did this…

Anyway, fucking delighted for him to get the win tonight, he deserved that, got caught late last year when 8 points up in the car park in Newbridge.

1 Like

FWIW on that U20 team tonight.
Goalkeeper Matthew Byron is a son of All Star goalkeeper Fergal Byron.
Seamus Lacey is a son of former county player Eamon Lacey, who was famous for pucking the head off Louth players in the famous Croke Park row.
Niall Dunne in the forwards, his dad John kicked with Laois for a few years as well.
Alan Kinsella’s dad is Eddie Kinsella, the intercounty referee.

There’s a lad full forward call Dan McCormack, he’s fucking huge, about 6ft8 and he’s a goal machine. The funny thing is, Billy O Loughlin spent the last few days hyping him up, telling anyone who would listen that he’d been scoring goals for fun for Laois in the warm up U20 Andrew Corden tournament, and that Kildare wouldn’t be fit to handle him, no matter how many men they put on him.

And then Laois bet over points from distance all day. Billy learned a bit from Micko the auld rogue.

2 Likes

How old is Fergal now ? Great keeper and a nice chap .

The Dublin team must have had a heavy training session beforehand

Extra time to follow

Offaly 6 up half time in extra time

1 Like

By God.

2 in it now

6 or 7 minutes left

Dublin have just got a goal

2-23 to 1-28

Level. Some lad called Cian Derwin doing all the scoring

Offaly have won by a point!

Offaly couldn’t prevent Dublin getting five in a row (1-4) to come from 7 points down to level it

But a lasp gasp free won it for them

The rising starts here

It sounds like Dublin were indisciplined in extra time

Offaly got a lot of frees and Dublin were picking up yellow cards

I think Dublin had a player sent off in normal time actually - only started following it towards the end of normal time

2 Likes

Duignan must crying like a baby

1 Like

If they play Kilkenny, for him it will be like the night Shamrock Rovers played Celtic at Milltown in 1986

Scenes. Offaly needed that and, of course, hurling needs a strong Offaly.

2 Likes

Kk playing Galway so I presume Offaly play Wexford next.

All the money we give those cunts and they can’t even beat Offaly.

9 Likes

All the funding and advantages and the useless cunts still cant organise themselves. More country people needed, stat