Club Championships 2017

Can’t see the fun in that .

Did he have to get up this morning?

It was a pretty accurate assessment of his contribution, although his team mates didn’t help themselves.

They did have it won, if they’d shown any sort of composure.

They were six points up with two minutes of normal time left.

We are looking for a new manager. I heard that an ex Mohill manager, MG, turned it down.

update
just saw the plan for january
he needs be in enniskillen on 3 wednesday afternoons at 4-30pm for games and at a minimum of 3 / 4 sessions on weekdays, weekends mandatory
this weekend was training enniskillen saturday, (stayed with parents) , sunday bus to galway for match, game was 2pm, left enniskillen at 0800… back in enniskillen at 7-30pm… then drove back here… after the game in galway he had to go back to enniskillen even tho he lives in dublin,players cant drive to the games, must go on the bus from enniskillen and back to ennsikillen
he wont last, the novelty has worn off apparently

Huh?

My gripe was with Flynn being overly critical on the players’ performance while his performance as a pundit was hardly fantastic given his comments.

Billy O Loughlin, formerly of Arles Killeen, and related to Luke Dempsey. Current DIT Sigerson manager if I remember correctly. A waterboy under Micko, his dad, Declan O Loughlin was a selector. A clusterfuck of epic proportions, should have know to leave that ball alone. He’s got an awful record for losing finals in O’Moore Park now between this and his time with Killeen. But the game was going that way, everything Lomans touched went wrong.

Lomans have a perfect scapegoat anyway, but they absolutely shit the pot though with 2 minutes to go in normal time. Just looked back it again there, and some of the shit they done beggared belief. The centre back just collapsed mentally. Sharry’s yellow card. Heslin’s decision to go safe after his mark. Just shellshocked.

That’s no harmat least as the outgoing incumbent was well out of his depth and to borrow from another sport “had lost the dressing room”. MG’s days are well past I’m afraidso he made the correct call.

A cohort of the 94 team should step up here, lead by imo Seamus Quinn, but we’ll see.

There’s always the jaunt to the Bronx to whip up enthusiasm…:beers:

Again, Loman’s had the match won. They completely blew it.

Your problem with Flynn’s comments appear to be nothing more than the tired old “ah, they’re only amateur players so you shouldn’t criticise them, they have to get up in the morning” nonsense rather than any inaccuracy in what he said.

For the record, I think Sharry’s second yellow card was very harsh but Loman’s absolutely shitted themselves both collectively and individually, and threw the game away.

I am not saying they shouldn’t be criticised but not butchered by some idiot who borders on the simple.

Its not entirely impossible that there might be previous between Flynn and the player in question/player in questions family :popcorn:

Just realised Ken Casey of Loman’s in the former Offaly footballer. How many blow ins have they?!

I think the irony of complaining about the harshness of comments of somebody who you go on to call “some idiot who borders on the simple” is lost on you, but carry on.

Flynn has been waffling away for years at the same stuff - his comments on Aidan O’Shea last year were outrageous.

He started the rough stuff.

1 Like

Joe Brolly has been waffling away for years with far worse stuff, including about O’Shea - but that doesn’t get mentioned very much around here.

Flynn’s comments yesterday as you’ve described them were spot on - they weren’t ad hominem attacks and they related directly to what was happening in the match - anybody who watched it would agree with them.

Either the GAA and GAA people take their games seriously as sport or they don’t - if they do, they should have no problem with such comments. Amateurism has nothing to do with anything in this regard.

I tend to ignore anything to do with Joe Brolly on here so I can’t comment on how he is viewed.

I disagree with your last comment. I think amateurism has a huge part to play in it and therefore GAA players shouldn’t be subject to the same vigour as a professional athlete. Nothing worse than watching some clown who has barely played football screaming vile abuse at a lad giving up his time to play, not get a penny for it and have to listen to that shite.

People who pay in have a right to scream abuse at players, referees and managers as long as it’s not violating hate speech laws. You don’t have to like it.

The vast majority of the worst abuse shouted at players, as well as incitement to violence, I’ve heard has been at GAA matches. That is the culture and it always has been.

What you seem to be suggesting is that the GAA should be sanitised so that any sort of personal abuse should be outlawed or eliminated. That’s not how the GAA works.

Should GAA players be subjected to the same drug testing as professional athletes - because that’s a natural extension of what you’re arguing.

I am not suggesting that shouting the most vile abuse doesn’t happen, or has not always happened but simply that I don’t agree with it or condone it for reasons already outlined.

I would disagree that drug testing is a natural extension of what I am saying. That concerns cheating essentially and of course that cannot be condoned. No more than you send someone off for not following the rules of the game.

Jesus that’s Jimmy McGuinness rubbing off on Rory Gallagher and no way are Fermanagh going to win fuck all, that’s torturous. That fat Quigley fella I’d say is none too happy with that regime

An awful lot of lads love this.

Your mate sounds weak

2 Likes

I would take it with a large pinch of salt.

Although i would wonder about gallagher