Official All Ireland Senior Hurling Championship Final 2009 Thread: KK vs Tipp

[quote=“Garda Sean Horgan”]

Glad to see common sense with the panel to say that Walshe was shoving the hemet up Dunne
Yours etc,
GSH.[/quote]

He did it in the first half too for that catch they kept showing the replays of. But sure that’s how it goes. You encounter that stuff and you deal with it the best you can. The good Toome man Benny is he went to take Walsh’s face off. Fuck him. They won enough at that shite.

Cracking game of hurling that.

Fitzy out on his own calling Walsh’s cracking skill in the first half an act of thuggery.

Pity about the penalty decision, free in and nobody’d have questioned it and the ref’s influence would be hardly spoken about. Thought he did very well in general play anyway. It does take a conscious effort not to whistle for everything and he let it flow on the balance of fairness which made for a smashing match.

Fair fucks to Kilkenny anyway, some good individual performances from Ryan, Walsh first half etc. but it was more about moments of class. That cunt Eddie Brennan was quiet enough but his shooting was superb. Shefflin the same really. They weren’t as dominant as Tipp but they still had the pedigree hurlers who came up with the big plays.

We want 5! We want 5!

Beaming with joy.

The penalty shout was huge. It was never a penalty for me.

Fantastic game though - two excellent teams not wanting to yield an inch to each other.

Kilkenny had the better forwards and when Tipp were on top they had forwards good enough to keep chipping away. Tipp relied on Kelly and Corbett with Callinane and McGrath chipping in a lot in the second half.

Ryan would be man of the match for me. The save from Callinan was as fine as I have ever seen. He kept them in it.

[quote=“farmerinthecity”]The penalty shout was huge. It was never a penalty for me.

Fantastic game though - two excellent teams not wanting to yield an inch to each other.

Kilkenny had the better forwards and when Tipp were on top they had forwards good enough to keep chipping away. Tipp relied on Kelly and Corbett with Callinane and McGrath chipping in a lot in the second half.

Ryan would be man of the match for me. The save from Callinan was as fine as I have ever seen. He kept them in it.[/quote]

whats that mong canning at - shefflington had a simple goal chance in the 1st have and the block head goal tender for tipp made hard work when shefflington scuffed it yet the commentator made this out to be an amazing event

kilkenny won the game during the powerplay but i dont think the powerplay won the game for kilkenny

That was a sensational game. Great to be present, even as a neutral, to see a game of that skill and intensity. Felt very sorry for Tipp given their performance - I thought they were marginally the better team on the day - but that’s irrelevant now. Kilkenny’s composure is super. They just hang in there and then have the individual players to pull a game out of the fire. Tipp can definitely feel hard done by over the penalty though.

back home from croke park. great game. said it to the aul lad I was glad the ref was letting them go out and play. there was one time in the early couple of minutes and one of the Tipp backs caught the ball, and was clattered, but kept going and drove the ball down the field. most times a ref would give a free, but it was good to see a bit of common sense and let them play the game. he told Shefflin to get up off the ground a few times too.

havent seen the penalty incident other than live from the Canal end, but have been told it was a bad decision. Saw Benny Dunnes pull and there was no doubtling that. Tommy Walsh had a great game. Some man to catch a ball from a ruck of players. PJ Ryan dispelled the bad keeper notion too. great save from Callinan. Tipp had that game there for the taking, but those fookers from Kilkenny are never bet.

Was looking froward to seeing what the fireworks display was going to be like. And in fairness to them about the pitch, just before I left after Fennelly accepted the cup, I had a look at the sod. It was in bits, visably trampled to shit. Plan B got a right aul cheer, but you cant have it both ways with complaining about the quality of the pitch and then running on and making shite of it.

[quote=“Gman”]back home from croke park. great game. said it to the aul lad I was glad the ref was letting them go out and play. there was one time in the early couple of minutes and one of the Tipp backs caught the ball, and was clattered, but kept going and drove the ball down the field. most times a ref would give a free, but it was good to see a bit of common sense and let them play the game. he told Shefflin to get up off the ground a few times too.

havent seen the penalty incident other than live from the Canal end, but have been told it was a bad decision. Saw Benny Dunnes pull and there was no doubtling that. Tommy Walsh had a great game. Some man to catch a ball from a ruck of players. PJ Ryan dispelled the bad keeper notion too. great save from Callinan. Tipp had that game there for the taking, but those fookers from Kilkenny are never bet.

Was looking froward to seeing what the fireworks display was going to be like. And in fairness to them about the pitch, just before I left after Fennelly accepted the cup, I had a look at the sod. It was in bits, visably trampled to shit. Plan B got a right aul cheer, but you cant have it both ways with complaining about the quality of the pitch and then running on and making shite of it.[/quote]

:clap:

:clap:

They didn’t give a shit about ripping it to bits for fucking Bono. It’s a bit rich to go blaming the people who keep the organisation going.

They didn’t give a shit about ripping it to bits for fucking Bono. It’s a bit rich to go blaming the people who keep the organisation going.[/quote]
Damn fucking straight.

They didn’t give a shit about ripping it to bits for fucking Bono. It’s a bit rich to go blaming the people who keep the organisation going.[/quote]

Eh the pitch was being relaid after the U2 gig…

Using kids with flags as human shields was pretty low too. They go on about how the players are part of the community and how they go to work with the supporters and all that. Then they try to stop people from celebrating with them. I was glad when the supporters burst through onto the field - it was a super example of high jinks.

Presume you meant to say that the plan was to rip it up at the end of the year anyway. But there’s a hell of a difference between re-laying it in the off season and re-laying it at the height of the championship season. The authorities have well and truly shown where their priorities lie this year. Fair play to the supporters for giving them the two fingers.

It even went beyond high jinks. It was a rejection of the corporate mentality that’s been creeping into the GAA for years now. Kilkenny hurling belongs to Kilkenny people and not Croke Park.

Pitches get relaid in midseason all the time. The money from the gig will filter down to GAA Clubs as always. Players have played on far worse surfaces that during their careers. I dont think it was the wisest thing to do, but I think a lot of people are over reacting about it. Some people just like a moan I think.

give over with that left wing shit until you change your tune on travellers - you are either left wing or you arent- you cant pick & choose

I’m disappointed with that statement.

more gga child abuse

Worked as steward in O Moore Park on the day Toome were beaten by Shamrocks in the All Ireland Club hurling semi final. Laois were playing a NFL Div 1 game later than night under lights, so in order to save the pitch on a rain sodden day, we had to keep supporters from running out on the pitch. The players would come over them after the game anyway as anyone who familiar with the stand and dressing rooms set up in O Moore Park. Well the abuse I got from those Kilkenny cunts that day was disgraceful. Fucking cunts, I Was only doing the job asked of me, and the least they could have done was respected the wishes of the County Board. Even got the “bogball” thing thrown at me by the cunts.

Forgot to say that Cummins’ save from Shefflin in the first half was absolutely brilliant as well. Not so much for the save itself but for the positioning and how he read how the ball broke superbly. Shefflin didn’t have much to aim at.