Official Dublin City Marathon 2014 Thread

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 1032826, member: 129”]I was delighted the missus got to meet the two Kingpins of TFK.

@Juhniallio
I had to give up my marathon dream 6 weeks ago when I got a temp job out in Ashtown and I was commuting from Kilcoole. I think I’ve been out running once since. When I get a place to live in Dublin I’ll be targeting a marathon in the new year…[/QUOTE]

Ah well, Thraw. Keep the faith and get out when you can. I’m struggling to get at at the moment with the new nipper but am resolute that I’ll continue over the winter.

10 miles this morning at 8 min average. That’s it now bar a few light jogs and a few pasta dinners

Something similar myself. 9 miles at about 8.10 pace this morning.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 1032826, member: 129”]I was delighted the missus got to meet the two Kingpins of TFK.

@Juhniallio
I had to give up my marathon dream 6 weeks ago when I got a temp job out in Ashtown and I was commuting from Kilcoole. I think I’ve been out running once since. When I get a place to live in Dublin I’ll be targeting a marathon in the new year…[/QUOTE]

You seemed a bit distracted in The 51, pal. Your mind appeared to be elsewhere. You know @Rocko worries about you so take care.

Do you not worry about me too, at all Colin? Anyway, my mind was on keeping my woman happy. Though I insisted we visit the 51 in case ye were there so I could pay my respects.

@mickee321 Serbian women…they’re fucking nuts, aren’t they?

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 1032827, member: 129”]And I’ve no TFK in work these days and no internet in the evenings so I’ve not been on here lately @flattythehurdler

I miss it. :([/QUOTE]
We miss it too thrawneen, well I do anyway.

[QUOTE=“Thrawneen, post: 1033048, member: 129”]Do you not worry about me too, at all Colin? Anyway, my mind was on keeping my woman happy. Though I insisted we visit the 51 in case ye were there so I could pay my respects.

@mickee321 Serbian women…they’re fucking nuts, aren’t they?[/QUOTE]

YES!!
yes they are, i had a relationship in 2004 with a bosnian serb woman and in 2007 i was sleeping with a girl from belgrade who worked in a bar in tel aviv i frequented, she cursed the TV the night Radovan Karadzic was arrested , the relationship ended after an ex boyfriend of hers moved to Israel ironically the same week as Vojvidinaia Novi Sad played Hapoel Tel Aviv in the 2008/09 UEFA cup qualifiers… They are possibly the most racist people i have ever encountered , the dress code of black leather boots and stone wash denim that looks like they have been poured into is quite stunning, they genuinley believe they are the greatest women on earth and actually its difficult to argue

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1033140, member: 367”]YES!!
yes they are, i had a relationship in 2004 with a bosnian serb woman and in 2007 i was sleeping with a girl from belgrade who worked in a bar in tel aviv i frequented, she cursed the TV the night Radovan Karadzic was arrested , the relationship ended after an ex boyfriend of hers moved to Israel ironically the same week as Vojvidinaia Novi Sad played Hapoel Tel Aviv in the 2008/09 UEFA cup qualifiers… They are possibly the most racist people i have ever encountered , the dress code of black leather boots and stone wash denim that looks like they have been poured into is quite stunning, they genuinley believe they are the greatest women on earth and actually its difficult to argue[/QUOTE]

This one isn’t racist except for Albanians as she grew up in Croatia on the border of Bosnia and doesn’t even hate the Croats even though they massacred all the Serbs in her village just one month after she had fled her home in 1995. Not even when they celebrate “Operation Storm” and the fact there’s a memorial which celebrates how many Serbs each Croat killed that day. Instead she seems to store it up inside and lash out at me over trivial things, and then we’re back good again 10 mins later. It’s a bit fucking intense. But she’s got the body of a model and a sex drive that’s almost too much for me, so you have to put up with the rest of it. We’re planning on moving in together. I must be fucking insane.

:clap::clap::clap:

Attaboy, Thraw!

7 miles tonight @ 7.58 m/m.

Do you wear a HRM? If so, what is your heart rate like. I did 2 and a half hours on the bike today fairly steady. My average HR was 139. My max is 170.

this is very interesting thraw
she must by from a village called Knin, that was the capitol of self declared republic of serbia krajina
this was an an area of croatia with a majority serb population that declared independence after Tudjan declared independent in 1991
the croat army fairly cushed that place over days in august 1991… id imagine she has seen some fucked up stuff… you’re living the dream there tho with her

Never wore HRM. My sitting heart rate is only 40 though.

Not sure what mine is. I wore one today for the first time in years just out of interest. Bought myself a suunto 3peak sapphire last week which thus far has been top notch if your garmin is goosed.

[QUOTE=“mickee321, post: 1033401, member: 367”]this is very interesting thraw
she must by from a village called Knin, that was the capitol of self declared republic of serbia krajina
this was an an area of croatia with a majority serb population that declared independence after Tudjan declared independent in 1991
the croat army fairly cushed that place over days in august 1991… id imagine she has seen some fucked up stuff… you’re living the dream there tho with her[/QUOTE]

Nah, she’s from Dvor. Good bit to the north of Knin. The Uni river runs beside it. The Croats told the Serbs they’d be fine if they crossed the river and into the nearest Bosnian town. Then they started shelling the Bosnian town. While the Danish UN looked on. Some Danish lad has uploaded the siege the Youtube out of guilt. My lady doesn’t hate Croats or anything but she does hate that the Serbs are always painted as the bad guys, even during that farce on Tuesday, she was seething after with the reporting.

that was a characteristic feature of that war
there is a city called Bihac in Bosnia (near Dvor) that found itself wedged between the serb krajina and respublika srbska , the city was full of bosniaks and some bosnian croats, this city was designated a safe for refugees like Gorazde and Srebenica that the serbs had ethnically cleansed from other areas of Bosnia like Bnaja Luka and Prijedor , even after agreeing this status the Serbs shelled the fuck out of it whilst the UN ( paddies and dutch usually) just documented the genocide.
i do sympathise with many serbs as the UN wrongly portrayed the Croats and Bosnians ( croats and moslems) as the innoecent victims and the Serbs as the agressors… whilst the serbs were horrible bastards ( and parallels can be drawn with the actions of the bosnian serb separatists in Bosnia and the Russian sympathizers in the Ukraine in terms of creating ethnic tensions and sectarianism to undermine a state, Putin and Milsosevic have many parallels) , the actions of the Croats in the Croatian- Bosnian Muslim war in 1993 and also Croatian genocide of Serbs have been largely overlooked

id imagine the sex is great thraw

BTW, what is her opinion of Arkan?

6 miles @7.59 m/m today.

[/QUOTE]
BTW, what is her opinion of Arkan?[/QUOTE]

I think she might like Arkan a bit. I know she’s a big fan on his wife (Cebu?) who’s the most popular pop singer in Serbia, although she seems like a nice lady who wouldn’t be into ethnic cleansing or bank robberies and that.

When is this on?

Good luck to fellow participants @Manuel Zelaya[/USER] and [USER=1572]@corner back tomorrow.