Official Fingal Dining Out Thread

I see a new Mexican Restauraunt has opened in the leafy suburb of Malahide, and it got me thinking how lucky the likes of myself and TASE and all Fingal dwellers are to be able to experience such a diversity of dining experiences in a picturesque setting.

One can now sample Indian, Thai, Greek, Chinese, Italian, French, Pakistani and Mexican food in the various restaurants, not to mention the Michelin star rated establishment.

This thread is for those fortunate enough to be able to experience the Fingal Dining experience to give reviews of their meals.

I would hope this will lead to an official TFK Fingal Dining Club as an alternative to those oafs in the chipper-down-the-bog thread.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

sensational thread mate

have you been to the greedy goose yet?

[quote=“Mullach Ide, post: 539371”]I would hope this will lead to an official TFK Fingal Dining Club as an alternative to those oafs in the chipper-down-the-bog thread.
[/quote]

:lol:

I was there ages ago, can’t even remember what the food was like, if this thread existed at the time I could have done a review.

Can’t have been bad though, I’d remember bad…

i think we also have a pakistani restaurant which is very popular but bon appetit is still top dog for me- i had Pork tenderloin, calvados apples and mustard Buerre Blanc last visit- splendid

ah, this thread certainly makes a change from the normal culinary discussions round here" a batter burger or garlic mushrooms" type shit

I dropped down to Gilberts in Cobh lately, and I have to say it was fantastic. Had Liver/Bacon with some pasta as a starter, along with pheasant for the main. Any Corkonian in the area should try it out, although getting into and out of Cobh is a fucking nightmare.

(fuck Fingal)

FOAD :angry:

I tend to dine in peninsular south east Fingal. I find the Oarhouse on the East pier a noble establishment.

I have heard very good reports about the Greedy Goose.

I had a hateful night in the Michelin starred establishment and would never darken it’s door again

What is the name of this Michelin starred restaurant and who is the chef?

I’m sure Gilberts in Cobh is great buddy, now fuck off and find an appropriate thread to post about it in…

It’s been too long since I’ve dined out in Malahide but I aim to do so presently. I’m a fan of Chez Sara on Old Street. Not the most famous French restaurant in Fingal but I believe it stands up well to comparison with its more celebrated neighbour. The steak there is wonderful.

I see the Country Club have a new menu out which I must try soon.

Bon Appetit - Oliver Dunne

Nah. :smiley:

Bon Appetit - Oliver Dunne and I’m proud to say a friend of a friend.

I agree with TASE’s assessment of said establishment.

Stoops is also a great shout in Skerries. The finest of produce from the eastern seaboard.

[quote=“The All Seeing Eye, post: 539375”]
i think we also have a pakistani restaurant which is very popular but bon appetit is still top dog for me- i had Pork tenderloin, calvados apples and mustard Buerre Blanc last visit- splendid

ah, this thread certainly makes a change from the normal culinary discussions round here" a batter burger or garlic mushrooms" type shit[/quote]

+1 mate.

I’m almost ashamed to admit that I haven’t eaten in Bon Appetit since Oliver Dunne took it over…

[quote=“Fagan O, post: 539378”]

do share the experience of that hateful night

Best of luck with the Thread/Club Mullach. I hope it goes well for you.

surprised by that- on certain days you could nearly eat cheaper in bon appetit than smyths

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3525828/Bon%20Appetit%20-%20Website%20Menus/Restaurant%20Bon%20Appetit/fine_dining_Dinner.pdf

Menu looks rather decent one has to say…

[quote=“Fagan O, post: 539378”]

Good stuff Fagan, I’m currently formulating a standard template for reviews which will be beneficial to all Fingal Diners…