Official Fingal Dining Out Thread

You soft cunt. What would you do with a drop of ghost sauce? I hope you are shiteing all night

@chewy louie[/USER], @[USER=361]Tassotti still passing some of the hot stuff but I think Iā€™m over the worst of it. Thanks for your support guys.

Ate in Crabby Joes in Howth tonight. Howthā€™s latest in place. Was sat in a draught but I just got on with it. Food is good and reasonably priced. I had 4 oysters to start and then a bit of turbot for the main. Nice bottle of Gruner Veltliner to go with it.

Iā€™ve been lunching in your mate brezziā€™s of late @faganodowd. Phenomenal sambos and cheap too.

Brezzis is a great spot. Itā€™s quite unfair. As if Portmarnock wasnā€™t spiffing enough you have this gem on your doorstep.

Is portmarnock becoming the Irishmanā€™s alternative to Malahideā€™s coffee culture?
It looks like the large swathes of Fingalians who fall into the category of both:
(a) liking up market coffee
(b) disliking the queen of england
have found a safe haven in which to indulge.
Panorama (roughly opposite the golf links) is reporting a steady trade. Excellent coffee by all accounts. Residents of Howth will be familiar with the mothership, great to see Panorama pick a second location on the sun-drenched coast.
The baristas in Brezzis are trained to the highest standard and a macchiato by the window as you watch the hustle and bustle of Portmarnock life go by, is heaven in a glass. It certainly tops watching senator dara oā€™brienā€™s fat ass through a malahide window.
Sima (beside McDonagh Stores) is a treat to savour. a mid - European run establishment with a wonderful selection of pastries to accompany a range of coffees, Sima is fast becoming the go-to place on the Fingal riviera. It sits opposite Portmarnockā€™s Catholic Cathedral so residents often pack its opulent terrace after morning prayers. Get there early.
Koba, nestled in beside the Spar overlooking the famous velvet strand, is also a tremendous haunt. their Asian take on some coffee classics is a refreshing alternative to the cupfulls of staunch Protestantism served in malahideā€™s coffee houses.

ive heard really good thing about the scotch bonnetā€™s set menu for Christmas

really good things

Nothing worse when you are paying good money for a night out. Ruins what could otherwise be a great experience.

[QUOTE=ā€œcroppy, post: 1054833, member: 230ā€]Is portmarnock becoming the Irishmanā€™s alternative to Malahideā€™s coffee culture?
It looks like the large swathes of Fingalians who fall into the category of both:
(a) liking up market coffee
(b) disliking the queen of england
have found a safe haven in which to indulge.
Panorama (roughly opposite the golf links) is reporting a steady trade. Excellent coffee by all accounts. Residents of Howth will be familiar with the mothership, great to see Panorama pick a second location on the sun-drenched coast.
The baristas in Brezzis are trained to the highest standard and a macchiato by the window as you watch the hustle and bustle of Portmarnock life go by, is heaven in a glass. It certainly tops watching senator dara oā€™brienā€™s fat ass through a malahide window.
Sima (beside McDonagh Stores) is a treat to savour. a mid - European run establishment with a wonderful selection of pastries to accompany a range of coffees, Sima is fast becoming the go-to place on the Fingal riviera. It sits opposite Portmarnockā€™s Catholic Cathedral so residents often pack its opulent terrace after morning prayers. Get there early.
Koba, nestled in beside the Spar overlooking the famous velvet strand, is also a tremendous haunt. their Asian take on some coffee classics is a refreshing alternative to the cupfulls of staunch Protestantism served in malahideā€™s coffee houses.[/QUOTE]
A very thoughtful and balanced post.

When Malahide lost the 42 terminus to Portmarnock it also lost the culinary battle. Not only is Portmarnock miles ahead in modern coffee houses as you have outlined, but the more reserved coffee connoisseur can also indulge more luxuriously in the splendid Portmarnock Hotel than anywhere Malahide has to offer. Overlooking the aforementioned breathtaking Velvet Strand, feeling the hand of history resting lightly on your shoulders as you contemplate the pioneering transatlantic voyages that left those very shores many years ago.

Iā€™m often struck by how Mr Delaney views the two towns. The team stay in the luxury and opulence of the Portmarnock Hotel, mixing with Portmarnock natives and the high class visitors attracted to the resort. The team deserve no less. But when it comes to training, when you need wide open spaces, you really need cheap land and so Portmarnockā€™s proximity to the less spectacular Malahide coastline allows the team to make the short trek to train on the barren fields that Malahide can offer.

Dined in Kajal tonight, itā€™s not in pormarnock. I then retired to my local public house (not in a swimming pool) for a few pints.
Monkfish starter was most delicious followed by tenderloin beef dish, my dining partner had the minced lamb kebab for starter with a prawn masala main course.
Staff were friendly and helpful and overall an enjoyable culinary experience.

Tried to dine in malahide this evening but they seem to have a strange practice of reserving all the seating in their restaurants for people having a particular type of starter. Everywhere I went and tried to sit down the manager of the restaurant would rush over and say ā€˜sorry sir, these tables are reserved for soup takers, try further along the coast maybe portmarnockā€™
What an odd custom.

Dined in here for a light lunch on Sunday. Average at best. Had run out of a number of crab dishes by 2pm. Chowder very watery with skimpy fish pieces. Fish and chips was poor - fish was overdone and chips lukewarm. Lot of tables left uncleaned while we were there and it wasnā€™t mental busy.

Will be sticking to the establishments on the West Pier in future.

Dined in here for a light lunch on Sunday. Average at best. Had run out of a number of crab dishes by 2pm. Chowder very watery with skimpy fish pieces. Fish and chips was poor - fish was overdone and chips lukewarm. Lot of tables left uncleaned while we were there and it wasnā€™t mental busy.

Will be sticking to the establishments on the West Pier in future.

was in Brezzies last week

best customer service ive experienced in a long time,

[QUOTE=ā€œThe Selfish Giant, post: 1134228, member: 80ā€]was in Brezzies last week

best customer service ive experienced in a long time,[/QUOTE]
Brezzis is great in fairness

yep, nice pizza but it was his sunny disposition and can do attitude that won me over

A work colleague and i dined in the Scotch Bonnet Urban Cafe last night.

We split a portion of chicken wings and the roasted vegetable, cheese and truffle oil flatbread board for a starters. The chicken wings had a nice kick to them but I would prefer them wetter rather than double fried but they were nice.

I had a the full rack of ribs for mains which were delicious and had cookies and ice cream for dessert. I am still stuffed here this morning and couldnā€™t contemplate having breakfast.

Only gripe I would have was that it got busy from around 7:30 onwards and the service slowed due to it. Took over 2 and a half hours all in.

Chicken wings,Ribs and ice cream.
#Roasteralert

2 Likes

:rolleyes:

It was an urban cafe, pal. It was either ribs, steak or a burger

:smirk:

A quick google of their menu would show that to be absolute horseshit.