Official Fingal Dining Out Thread

Was in Malahide the other night. Ate in the Greedy Goose. Lovely and decent value

Howth most certainly is Fingal. The Fingal riviera begins at howth and runs along the coast to balbriggan. For those unfamiliar with dining in Fingal a good rule of thumb is to use proximity to the coast as a barometer of cuisine and dining quality. While the naul , St Margarets and such inland areas have some fine local produce farmhouse dining, built up areas like swords offer quality food but nothing outstanding. Howth portnarnock, rush, donabate etc offer the haute cusine experience with fresh fish abundant. Sea views donā€™t cone cheap but riviera dining offers regulate Irish folk the opportunity to dine at fingals table - a real treat.
Malahide cuisine is ok but the staunch Protestant portions are irksome and the west Brit service grates. The wild swan being an obvious exception.

Iā€™m visiting Bon Appettit in Malahide this evening. Any menu recommendations?

Iā€™d say, in your state, avoid finger food.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

love the placeā€¦small and quaint ā€¦they do lovely food in a delightful environmentā€¦those here who judge their food by the quantity poured into their trough wouldnā€™t appreciate this gem of a placeā€¦

Wonderful experience there last weekend.

Excellent food and by visiting the brasserie you get top quality Fingal food at Dublin prices.

Rocko did you avail of the 3 course Sunday special?

Yep. Cracking value.

:clap: :clap:

Michelin starred food at affordable prices.

Just had pizza from the new posh(they had free tasting olives on the counter) pizza place in Portmarnock, Brezziā€™s. Proper stone baked pizza. Great base and sauce. Iā€™ll be going back, even if the name is shit.

His name is Breslin or something like that so Iā€™d say thatā€™s his nickname. Nice lad - good to hear you liked the grub.

Eat out of this place tonight. Superb pizzas and salads. Pricey but well worth it.

Two entries to report

First East Cafe in Howth. Lunch last weekend. Situated in the former wine tasting room of the King Sitric. Good location. I had a lobster salad that at 15 euro was good value, but 5euro for 500mls of sparkling water is taking the piss.

Tonight Kanoodle at the Wooden Bridge in Clontarf. Neither Fingal nor dining out in fairness. But this was one of the best takeaways Iā€™ve ever had.

Tried this place today and it is absolutely phenomenal. One of the nicest pad thais Iā€™ve ever tried. And a savage warm beef salad with chilli and mint. Worth taking the long route from town to Fingal.

Phenomenal is the word for it.

I know, Fagan. Iā€™m planning to work my way through the menu systematically over the next few months. Next up will be the thai curries methinks.

I heartily recommend the Penang curry.

I was in the city last night for a pizza in Milano before going to watch Argo. Tonight it is my turn to host and I was thinking of something low key in either Captain Americas or TGI Fridays in Blanchardstown which is quite close by. I have never eaten in either of these two franchises so Iā€™m looking for some feedback. Do they require booking and what is the food like?

Very poor fair imo Totti. Just above average burgers and chips etc. If thatā€™s what you want, then by all means go for it but there are probably better options available.

Donā€™t expect to be impressed. Glorified fast food. Find somewhere in Castleknock, Clonee or Blanchardstown village instead.