Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

Ger is a great sort

https://www.rte.ie/sport/soccer/2022/1215/1342019-pauw-denies-wrongdoing-after-being-named-in-us-report/

You can’t even tell the fat lad to lose weight anymore

Hopefully no lad in combat shorts is in this

Any good Twitter handles for drills lads?

Drills :grimacing:

1 Like

On a more serious note Colm Nally puts up lots of stuff

https://twitter.com/colmnally?t=qCl8sExODOdrTDke5S7sug&s=09

Any particular age group?

You know what I mean. I know all the buzz words. SSG, heads up hurling etc etc.

Follow him alright but mostly football, although most can be adapted. A lot of the soccer stuff can be adapted aswell. The GAA Performance Process is very good although it’s game analysis.

GAA Game Sense Coaching, or whatever it’s called

1 Like

A free ebook here specifically for hurling until tonight

Good man Kev

Any app for recording simple stats for GAA - shots, scores, wides, tackles, catches

We’re being asked to use more stats this year to monitor development

Incidentally we were told an 8 time All Ireland medal winner was playing for the D team at 13 years old to highlight how kids can develop if given the chance.

should have all you need

3 Likes

Fionn Fitzgerald would have that fella written off.

1 Like

I do wonder about these aul tales. If it happens its one in a million.

I’m coaching an u13D team and getting them to walk upright is a challenge. I can guarantee you there is no future all Ireland winners among them unless its at xbox or in a couple of cases hard sums.

8 Likes

Honestly I’d use a data provider like Niche Sports Data - Although you’d need footage for them to track them.

Better off using that and having the trend info stored online etc

1 Like

He play a full season with the D’s? Would be more like an indictment on the coaches not spotting his talent rather than it being likely the kid propelled himself on such a steep trajectory after a full season with d’s.

Probably one of the lads @Tim_Riggins does be on about, he was focussed on Schools C rugby at the time

3 Likes

It was Cian O’Sullivan. He floated around Cs and Ds at that age and only stuck with it as he enjoyed it.