Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

wearing boots with studs and runners also makes a big difference to how hard you can change direction. he’d still also win, but it doesnt seem to be factored in at all

1 Like

Ronaldo sprinting

2 Likes

I saw a stat recently, 80% of goals are preceeded by a straightline sprint by the goal scorer. Might be rubbish.

1 Like

Every palmed goal anyway for a start. These GAA stats are generally done on very small sample sizes though

Senior managers just need to be told to fuck off and relax for themselves. All these rules are basically just trying to make these spoofers see a bit of sense in what they ask of young lads. Any good manager is already doing that.

That stat was from soccer.

I see, interesting. Drag backs are a big thing these days, I suppose that would generally be preceeded by a straight line run

This is a downside of too much focus on small sided games when coaching. Players will very rarely hit top speed in those scenarios.

But on the flip side small sided games are great cause you can keep roaring about intensity.

1 Like

Tackle!

Backs and forwards remains the best drill in any field sport.

To a point

The eternal conundrum. When do you start to get serious about.

Maybe he could take up rugby.

Your man on Newstalk seems to have a major bee in his bonnet about it. Probably a useless cunt who never got picked as a young lad.
More friendlies for young lads is the answer I guess

Equal acting and singing time for the local musical, the table quiz and the debating team too so.

1 Like

The most successful clubs will be the ones who can attract the least players

I suspect newstalk are swtching to campaign mode and are looking for causes at present. They got a lot of traction with bullying in the hse and they’re going for it now.
I coach football and gaa (and late night swimming). One streams the other doesnt. Parents moan about streaming an opportunities for their kids in both. Sometimes they have a point, often they can fuck off and it’s just them being very selfish about their child.

See, the problem here is the parent. Its in the article there. The child says why am i wasting two or 3 nights training im not good enough. Thats exactly what training is for.

The message needs to be if you want to play you train, get better, work on weak side, get stronger.

Not, I’ll go in and moan at the coaches so they pick you.

2 Likes

Ah there’s a bit of both there. Sometimes you can really see it. I coach with one lad who is very win driven (kids are 8). Hed happily fuck off any kid he doesnt consider good enough or any that threaten the placing of his own kid within our group. Thats football.
Gaa not as cutthroat but plenty of parents pissed off their kids dont get opportunities cos the better lads have the ball all the time, cos theyre not streamed.

One play, move the ball on.

Absolutely, but it’s still glaringly obvious.

1 Like