Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

@Gavrilo-Princip have you ever read
Time and Time Again by Ben Elton. Alternative history thriller. I really enjoyed it

I asked a Drom friend about this and he said that “the selector has been proven right since” :smiley:

2 Likes

Can’t beat brutal honesty :grinning:

Interesting concept

1 Like

What?

Bio-banded that should read

Oh. That’s quite interesting. Who instigated that I wonder

A quick glance at the top of that tweet would imply that the author has a PhD except for the little c in brackets which means he’s currently doing it. I’ve seen this come up a bit, reeks of desperation and massive inferiority complex. Put up the initials when your finished and let that be that.

2 Likes

*you’re

That’s why I’m not doing one😀

1 Like

What does that entail

Explanation in the replies here.

3 Likes

Thanks. I’d never heard of that in gaa before. Brilliant idea

Seems like an excellent common sense approach if the willing is there.

1 Like

Quite common in soccer now I think. Southampton were early pioneers in England I believe. Man United kept Lingard back two years because of his size when he was in the academy.

1 Like

It would seem to me to be a solution to a problem that doesn’t exist. Hurling is supposed to be a game of skill, if there is a need for this it’s a poor reflection on the direction the game is heading.

Bigger players have always had an advantage at underage levels in GAA, which evens out as players get older.

It works both ways though; some of those bigger players can rely on their size too much at underage which is irrelevant at adult level (or even by 17/18).

2 Likes

If you are looking for some bigger players who are stone useless let me know, Iv an abundance.

2 Likes

You cant really argue with the science but i cant see how it can be beneficial within the constraints of gaa rules. You can’t play an u16 at u14 level because he is small.

As you say the smaller lads often have to work harder at their skills and be more creative with the ball. This stands to them once the size becomes less of an issue at adult.

1 Like