Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

How did you get 116?
It’s as bad an info chart as I have ever seen.

It’s confusing alright if he took the junior and intermediate out of it, it would simplify things a bit.

306 played senior.
190 played minor 20s and senior.
So 116 didn’t play either minor or 20s, they might have played one or the other.

The big one for me is 518/762 or 68% of players who play 20/21s don’t play senior.
80% of Minors don’t play seniors, but that doesn’t surprise me at all really.

198 played minor and senior so a further 8 who skipped past u21/20

Geez, i dunno. Thats a huge figure. System surely not working properly if only developing 1 in 5 to come through.

I don’t think it is. Sure there are only 15 places on a senior team. There are 30 minors every single year. There is not room for anymore than 1 in 5.

3 Likes

Hadnt thought of that.

2 Likes

https://twitter.com/GaelicSense/status/1817916564621885468

Left footed player. Solos with left foot. Genius.

Nice run TBF

3 Likes

Good fucking help us

Anyone going to this one?

I was watching the 3 v 3 basketball the other night, and I thought to myself, some twitter coach will be on about this over the coming weeks like he’s reinvented backs and forwards. I saw one fella on about it last night, and I’m gutted I didnt flag it :rofl:

1 Like

Saw that Blue, Jesus wept, anything to try stay relevant and be fancy.

1 Like

Very few of them ever focus on winning the ball as its not sexy and there are no buzz words for it.

1 Like

Striking is also neglected. All these 6v6 and 5v5 club lads do and go out on the field and can’t strike the ball 40 yards on the run.

2 Likes

Who are the speakers/running the sessions?

I’ve seen 3 of them.

And apparently No, it’s not the same as backs and forwards cause the ball doesn’t start with the coach.

2 Likes

Shur of course its not, if it was then they couldnt be seen as “innovating”.

1 Like

There’s great learning opportunities there for players and it creates lots of coachable moments.

Would they advise spotting and fixing or letting the gameplay develop organically?

Striking is a huge issue in Dublin anyway. Most clubs are training teams on half or quarter pitches so there isn’t room to coach it properly.

6 Likes

The iGaelicCoach :roll_eyes:

1 Like