Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

Theres women mugging you off left right and centre these days

1 Like

Big time. I’ll have to give one of them a dig, send out the message to the rest of em.
Don’t fuck with Brimmer.

1 Like

None of this ever happened.

Why Harry. Why don’t you just stop posting.

The board needs me, pal. You need me.

It doesn’t, you offer nothing. No have no expertize in anything and are only a copy & paste merchant.

2 Likes

Slow down Kev. Read the sentences before clicking reply.

There is generally one single reason for the lack of volunteers within a gah Club at any moment in time.

Jobsmith pricks sitting in positions of power out of either personal boredom or a sense of entitlement who don’t understand inclusiveness and as a result create what looks like a closed shop environment to those outside their circle. What happens is the smart folk stay miles away from them and someone who is needy yet totally incompetent ends up as secretary and the cycle begins again.

5 Likes

Spot on.

My 20 year plan to manage the Galway hurlers to a 3 in a row starts in March with the Kinvara U6 camogie team.

:fearful:

14 Likes

You have an incredible way of analysing things, I found myself agreeing with every part of that sentence, in fact that is Ireland in a nutshell, the brightst and best leave for the most part

Get out of it before they turn U13. They will drive you beyond mental and have you questioning life itself.

I did a 3 year stint with the club from U10 and almost lost the will to live halfway through the U13 season. I got out of it by telling the committee I thought new eyes and ears would do them good, combined with a fortuitous vacancy on the U14 hurlers

Girls are cunts

3 Likes

Its 50-50. Girls are easier in some ways, lads in others.

Girls put sport in a better position in life too IMO.

We all know that kid. But you cant be ultra cynical about it either you know.

Fellas that coach young people from 4 years of age are a credit to their parish, community whatever one wants to call it.

Underage Camogie is a disaster zone for coaching and general involvement from adults/parents.
It’s about 30 years behind underage hurling in terms of attitude.
If @KinvarasPassion under 6 aren’t going well he will feel the pressure from the club to the parents and eventually from the girls.
Stay clear of camogie lads its a fucking disaster full of fucking wankers roaring and shouting at anything and everything. I wouldn’t advise touching it with a fucking barge poll.

6 Likes

In my experience the lads were a million times easier.

The social issues in that team alone would shock you to your core. It was a social worker they needed really. Only 3 of them still involved in sport of any description.

Same lads team have probably 10-12 left

What you tend to get sometimes is frustrated guys who couldn’t cut it with the men, often just not made for coaching at all.

Conversely you get a few lads better than anyone involved in mens but just don’t want the hassle.

My biggest problem with womens sport is the refereeing. Thats 100% mens cast offs. And jesus thats bad enough.

5 Likes

Ah ya, thats par for the course. Patience with the women is important though.

Their needs are different, fun is even more important.

you need to manage their expectations a bit more

My auld lad was a decent level ref, but refused to do women’s games. Said the abuse at them was unreal.