Official TFK GAA Coaches Corner

McGeeney is a total spoofer, and I have said it for 3-4 years. And I would say that’s exactly who Quirke has in his head though.

2 Likes

Problem with Fitzmaurice is though there is a hint of the Kerry players expecting him to sort out all their problems. Saturdays replay actually gets more and more fascinating all the time.

I try not to think about him much to be honest, but yes, of course. King Spoofer. Grimley was the brains in that outfit.

The amazing thing about him is clubs are still paying him huge money.

What the slightly more clever, but even more robbing bastards, guys do is carry around someone with them who actually knows what they are doing. Or a very good fitness coach.

Even Teddy nearly pulled off a big win last year, but ultimately it failed. Talent can sometimes disguise a spoofer and lack of same can hide a genuine excellent coach.

We have gotten unbelievably lucky this year in that we have gotten an excellent outside coach who doesn’t look for a penny. Just a very passionate sports fan. Been very impressed with him so far this year, and only regret is that we didn’t get him when the age profile of the team was a few years younger.

long article to say
I’m currently studying for a Master’s degree in Performance Coaching

He’s a regular columnist for ‘de paper’ and GDA for Kerry, I’m fairly sure that’s not what it was about.

Ya i’d also give him the benefit of the doubt here. I would say he is doing that masters to be in line for a job in Kerry, he wouldn’t need to be telling them thru a national newspaper what he is doing.

Like him in a way, when I started the Coaching module of my degree I was blown away by how much I still have to learn.

We are total amateurs in Ireland, no matter how good we think we are.

:rollseyes:
Hip and whip.

Anyone know if coming on as a blood sub in a senior champ game rules you out of aging junior?

Surely that’s a Yes.

It is my understanding that it doesn’t, once you go back off and the injured player returns to the field. I believe the black card sub however does.

Maybe someone else knows for sure.

1 Like

A blood sub doesn’t hand in a slip, I have heard of 15 year olds coming on as one not long after the age limit came in. Once they came off before the game ended when the sub would be made permanent, the referee could do nothing/didn’t have to do anything.

5 Likes

Handy one to know.

A great morning spent training the Shelbourne U7s and not a whole lot of difference from training our junior B team really.

Shels 7’s. Could there be a Hard Knocks series in that?

Hard knocks…half of them cried at one stage after getting a kick or bang.

Just like their hero Gary Kirby…

3 Likes

:-)…:smile:

Food for thought

1 Like