Official TFK GE 2011 Exit Poll

Pádraig MacLochlainn #1

:cool:

Ignoring the feud stuff…

Your whole argument in your posts on this topic seems predicated on the negative. What about Adams? What about JP McManus? You’re not seriously arguing the firsts point I presume because of previous declarations supporting the GFA. And the second point has no relevance to whether the disapora should be allowed vote or not.

Why would a guy living in Australia or the US give a shite about Irish Corporation Tax rates? An emigrant living in Germany could argue that Irish CT rates have a negative effect on the German economy, so might be inclined to vote from a German perspective.

In any event, they’re unlikely to be fully familiar with all aspects of the parties and are more likely to just replicte family members at home or to vote for big ideological parties. I’d like to see Sinn Féin do better in this election, I’d suspect they would do even better if the diaspora were allowed to vote (it’s easier for people to support SF from afar, it always has been) but I don’t think it’s right.

If there was a way of limiting the vote to people who have left in the last 12 months or something then I don’t think it would be an unmitigated disaster. That’s a million miles away though as the electoral register needs plenty of domestic tidy-up before you even look at how you decide on overseas entitlements.