Official TFK UFC Thread

[QUOTE=ā€œBartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999642, member: 9ā€]Ewan has been flexible in his view on McGregor and acknowledged such on twitter. The interview with him on RTE.ie today pushed Ewan to the other side.

Thatā€™s Ewan joining Ray Dā€™Arcy on my side.[/QUOTE]
Youā€™ll probably change sides soon anyway though, right?

Definitely not. This chap is an absolute gimp and Iā€™ve more time for Rory McIlpube.

[QUOTE=ā€œBartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 999642, member: 9ā€]Ewan has been flexible in his view on McGregor and acknowledged such on twitter. The interview with him on RTE.ie today pushed Ewan to the other side.

Thats stellar company youā€™re in there, youā€™re almost an honorary Kildare man.

Weā€™ll see mate, weā€™ll see. :popcorn:

this mcgregor lad would not hurl spuds to a duck

Youā€™re in good company mate

Iā€™d like John Bruton to clarify his position on McGregor.

From what Iā€™ve seen of McGregor, he looks like heā€™s an interesting character for the sort of people who think Paul Galvin is an interesting character.

Letā€™s not go nuts, now.

McGregor is a man for the monumentous occasion.

McGregor is part of that generation whose formative years in Ireland were during a time of plenty and they have an innate self belief that older people like me who grew up in the 70s and 80s just donā€™t have or understand. His world view would be he has every right to be successful and he will say how he feels etc and if he wants it he can go out and get it.

In fairness to him he has put graft in and worked hard to back that up.

He has added to that several layers of unfiltered self help books and positivity mantras. A large part of what he says has its origins in the corporate phrases we have unearthed in another thread. Words donā€™t have to have any meaning if you say them with confidence and if they sound plausible then they must have a deeper meaning and resonance. He has amped this up to a another level in his entertainment industry. I am waiting for Galvin mark 2 to appear on the GAA scene to see that there is a financial benefit to creating a persona in sport and gAA is crying out for it

McGregor will write a book that will be read by people who have not read a book since school that they didnā€™t buy in an airport newsagent

He is a fascinating character because he is the among the first generation of Irish people who are now adults who grew up in a wealthy country with USA dominating all media influences who has developed a public persona which is amped up but nonetheless rooted in that generationā€™s innate self belief and confidence that until now we just didnā€™t have.

he is new Ireland.*

*The above is my own example of how easy it is to write bullshit and draw inferences and generalisations to make an argument or support an opinion piece.

McGregor is for people who got below 430 points in the Leaving Certificate.

People who think Breaking Bad* is better than The Sopranos.

People who watch Games of Thrones and donā€™t watch Home and Away.

Simpletons, in other words.

*Iā€™ve never seen Breaking Bad.

Thatā€™s because it is, Barty

Iā€™m four episodes into it and am already considering cutting my losses.

It takes 2.5 seasons to really get going and even then it is about 7.8/10.

The Sopranos leave it for dead. No comparison. The character development and script in the Sopranos is second to none.

starts off very slowly - first season is not great

worth sticking with

On the other hand Game of Thrones is awful

great post, heā€™s a clown and this is repulsive, boring viewing

is this MMA shit the new rugby football?
are gimps going on about it in pubs talking about bizarre grappling holds and terms?

I like his positivity. Small, weak, insecure characters like @Bartosz Bereszynskiego are envious of his confidence and positivity and so will snipe and guffaw about him to try make themselves feel better. Of course they know he couldnā€™t give a shit about them and that upsets them more.

[QUOTE=ā€œBartosz Bereszynskiego, post: 1000053, member: 9ā€]McGregor is for people who got below 430 points in the Leaving Certificate.

People who think Breaking Bad* is better than The Sopranos.

People who watch Games of Thrones and donā€™t watch Home and Away.

Simpletons, in other words.

*Iā€™ve never seen Breaking Bad.[/QUOTE]

If you got over 430, prefer the Sopranos, but like Game of Thrones where does that leave you?