Official TFK UFC Thread

Did you ever have a crack off it yourself mate?

The hype machine around McGregor is something to behold.

Sonnen is a fair comparison and he did very well for himself and nearly even beat Silva but in the end his mouth pushed him into situations that his limited talent couldnā€™t cope with and he lost 4 times relatively quickly to better fighters.

His mouth was writing cheques his body couldnā€™t cash.

UFC is sick gay shit.

3 Likes

Stay out of the thread so, pal, and everyone is a winner.

Aldo on McGregor - As of my opponent, who told me to step up and fight like a man, I canā€™t say anything about a man that imitates a TV series character (Travis Fimmel, from Vikings). Thatā€™s really who he wanted to be, because heā€™s probably ashamed of being who he really is, so he imitates his lines, his style and this actorā€™s tattoos. Heā€™s an artist, but not from martial arts, but cheap comedy. Itā€™s disrespectful with the actor, and with real athletes. He should look for a stage and not an Octagon. The Octagon is my kingdom and thereā€™s place for only one king, which is me. If he wants to participate, he can be the joker he already is.

If he beats Chad Mendes, the only thing he will have is a toy belt to show his drunk friends in his countryā€™s bars, because thatā€™s what an interim belt represents to me: a toy. I am the champion.

That Travis Fimmel reference is bizarre. Conor has him well rattled.

Heā€™s fucked him red raw at this stage.

Van Damme says Conorā€™s going to Hollywood

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HKgHIhu_sew

1 Like

Many people told me to fight anyway because of the money I could make, but I wouldnā€™t sell myself for any money, no matter how much. I fight for love and I do it for my country. Money comes in second place, itā€™s like a shadow: when you try catching it, you canā€™t, but when you move forward, it follows you. Money ends some day, but legacy and things you do becomes part of the history, and thatā€™s what I value the most. - Jose Aldo

Would carry a bit more weight if you didnā€™t live in a bin mate.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nrgdup18Dfs

2 Likes

Agree

McGregor looks like he could do with a mars bar

Has to lose 27lbs before the fight I read today. That canā€™t be right surely. Nearly 2 stone off his frame

They dehydrate severely for weigh in and use IVs to rehydrate

Still though, 2 stone from someone that lean? Sounds like bullshit.

2 stone of water off his frame? In 9 or 10 daysā€¦

1 Like

Tim Ferris reckons he did 30lbs in 20 hours once

In what time frame? Itā€™s not unheard of for boxers to drop 20lbs to make weight, but itā€™s done over six weeks or more. I heard something about McGregor doing it in 8-10 days. Surely that canā€™t be right.

Ferris describes losing 30lbs in 24 hours here

1 Like