Official TFK UFC Thread

But he didnt fool you did he mate, you’re too smart for White. You showed him. You showed him right good.

It has been quite clear for a long time now White doesn’t give a damn about these idiots and is only interested in lining his pockets in cash.

No way? Are you sure? Thats very uncommon in professional sports that a promoter would only be out to line his pockets, I’d be very suspicious of that claim.

2 Likes

Ah you’re on your own there mate, with that sorta thinking.

McGregor will KO Mendes in the first.

Ah that’s just crazy talk

I thought this “fight” happened months ago?

Is The Ultimate Warrior stepping in now or what?

:smile: :smile: :smile: ’ :smile:

It’s a sickener for Dana alright. The fight had been built brilliantly. If McGregor loses to Mendes it all goes up in smoke.

It would be even worse for Aldo. McGregor is his retirement fund.

5 times now Aldo has skipped a bout, you’d imagine White is tired of it. So much so that it would be in his interest to ensure McGregor gets through this fight and puts Aldo out of the the reckoning. Marketing 1.01.

Fool.

1 Like

Warrior died last year

Still, he could do a job here in a crisis. And at least he could be trusted not to ruin the storyline.

Yes, that’s why he had such a long and storied career.

Mendes will be a tough fight… You have to laugh at McGregor, he’s some boy… In it for the short haul and the $$$. In two years he will be in Hollywood, fair play to him, and he’s playing up to every minute of it.

1 Like

From a few months back…

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c6HIZX3rfpI

I don’t follow the UFC but it must be a fairly dour scene for McGregor to have had this sort of impact.

Couldn’t agree more though. He’s made himself a superstar and one of the sport’s biggest cash cows not having faced an elite opponent yet.

Too right he will. The next Bruce Lee.

If he was American we wouldn’t have heard half of it of course… but even more so than any other sport you will be very easily exposed in this game if you don’t have the skills to back it up, at any level, go watch a local cage rage event if you ever get a chance, it’s wicked fast. Granted he hasn’t faced the top tier yet but he has quality… Dour maybe a bit strong, a lot of these lads come from a martial arts background, honour amongst fighters kind of thing, plenty talk a bit of smack - but not to the degree McGregor has - it would take an Irish man to lower it, we are gifted at it… But Sonnen was one of the first to really vamp it up a few years back vs Silva and got two big fights from it, you know someone was watching that thinking that’s my ticket.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LWE79K2Ii-s

Just flicking back over some knockouts - some class ones in here!