Official TFK UFC Thread

Didnā€™t McGregor prove he was able for the ground battle against Mendes though?

As much as Mendes has only two weeks to prepare, McGregor was preparing for a different brand of fighter for six months and was able to survive the ground battle until Mendes tired himself out and left himself open looking for a submission.

Croppy or bandage, will one of ye throw up a link to the article on the main page of the guardian site about this.

Ya I would agree with you, alot of McGregor bashers say ā€œsure your man Mendes took him down easy!ā€ Mendes isnā€™t great on his feet(Edgar just knocked him out in the first exchange just hours ago!) But he is pound for pound one of the best wrestlers in MMA today and to McGregors credit he stuffed 2-3 of his takedowns in their fight.

What time is this on Irish time lads? Might watch it.

I see Edgar wrecked Mendes, doesnā€™t bode well for McGregor.

Aldo and Edgar are a class above ultimately.

You canā€™t really use an MMA fight for a form line far too many variables every one is unique and on the night, that finish earlier was nuts though whatever about styles and bad match ups Edgar would be a nightmare for McGregor!

1 Like

Fight will be on between 5-5.30A.M Irish time.

1 Like

Ah lovely, I can watch it over here with my lunch. Cheers.

Mendes was idiotic trying to stay on his feet. If he did that against McGregor the fight would have been over inside a minute.

He wasnā€™t as cocky and played to his strengths due to a lack of cardiovascular training. Ultimately it suited him better and he still couldnā€™t get the job done. Edgar would have been training to avoid the take down for months. McGregor had two weeks the last time.

1 Like

I think Weidman and Rockhold for the Middleweight title could steal the show tonight, the top two in their division could be fight of the night! Rockhold is a gas cunt.

I disagree. Edgar stays in his feet. McGregor wouldnā€™t be trying to take him down.

McGregorā€™s strength and speed are what makes him so difficult to beat. No doubt Itā€™d be a great fight. Edgar seems like less of a prick than Aldo as well so heā€™ll come to the fight with no issues and less hype.

If McGregor wins tonight we might face a situation where Aldo packs it in and McGregor moves up a division, lwaving the belt to Edgar, I presume heā€™d have to fight Mendes again for the vacant belt though.

All the crap about the figot last night not boring will for McGregor is complete nonsense. Mendes has pushed Aldo to the limit when he (Aldo) was at the peak of his powers.

McGregor loves to dictate the pace from the centre, Edgar is a relentless pace setter who forces everything and has great wrestling and boxing especially close on the inside and against the cage, he is a former lightweight champ too so would have no problem fighting naturally bigger guys it would be a great fight! McGregor is already talking about going up and becoming a two weight champion but one massive step at a time starting tonight maybe.

Just reading about the lads getting fucked off the planeā€¦fucking embarrassing shitā€¦ Where are these fools getting the money to travel to this? Dublin must be empty this weekend?

2 Likes

Double dole last week

I know very little about this shite but i see this mendes lad saying aldo will tear mcgregor apart,what do the forum experts think

Mendes also thought that heā€™d tear McGregor apart and that he saw himself as the number 1 challenger to Aldo, even though heā€™d already lost to him.

Thereā€™s no doubting the class of either fighter, Aldo will need to stay focused and not let the crowd or McGregor into his head at the start.

McGregor will try and expose Aldo when he uses the low kicks and Aldo will look to counter McGregorā€™s left hook, whoever lands the first big hit will win it. McGregor will definitely look to get it done in the first round.

I canā€™t say until I see the grapplers enter the cage.
If the paddy looks 160 kg he will do it. If he looks even 161 or 162 Iā€™ll be backing him heavily.
If he looks anywhere below 155 he will get ate.

Have you a link to this article?

On the irishtimes site.

I saw it, a load of bowsieā€™s causing hassle on plane on the states

1 Like