Official TFK UFC Thread

I was merely picking the latest one Iā€™ve experienced. I dont claim weā€™re better than any other country, I wouldnt be that far up my hole to think I could do that despite having lived in a few. You can be embarassed to be Irish, thats your perogative, but we can also be embarassed that youā€™re Irish.

The Cork people were great there a few years ago helping search for that young boy who was missing. So much so even the murderer joined in the search.

I hate the way micks constantly have to be told they are great craic and the greatest supporters in the world just because they drink themselves into the gutter at major sporting events

4 Likes

the only good thing to come out of oireland is vol alan ryan

1 Like

Just on your point about your dad, I read a pretty scathing article recently by a disabled person who went mad at people offering to help or trying to assist. They said that they do not want help, and if they do, theyā€™ll ask for it.

He never left Ireland, and is now part of Ireland.

there is a srfc fan i know who is in a wheelchair and he gets the luas out to see srfc, said the whole journey is junkies trying to help him with a misplaced sense of duty towards him

2 Likes

Ryans assassination was a great operation by the gardai

1st time for everything then

Junkies are gas cunts all the same though.

Thatā€™s just someone with a major chip on their shoulder. They are common with people with disabilities as sometimes they donā€™t come to terms with whatever happened.

But thatā€™s not what I was talking about. Thatā€™s specific hands on help, iā€™m talking more about courtesy. That is not being afforded to able bodied people as well as anyone else. Holding a door, letting him thru first, just moving a restaurant chair out of the way is met with ā€œpftā€ kinda attitude etc etc.

We have lost it. Up to the age of around 40/45 the ignorance is off the charts. Someone said to me when I first got back that some things have improved some got worse, iā€™m struggling to find what has improved.

Thatā€™s the piece there.

I canā€™t say Iā€™ve noticed the same as yourself tho. I quite often find older people can be ignorant fuckers, I think itā€™s just some people are cunts. Whether there is more now, or more of them being younger, I donā€™t know.

its unreal in Ireland, Staggering in fact, in fact I was a bit that way myself untill I came here, In England you have a basic level of manners you donā€™t get in Ireland, everyone says, please, thank you etc, people refer to you as a ā€œgentlemanā€ for example if you are in a shop, in Ireland they would say ā€œhey you, what do you wantā€

At the end while Anto was screaming his head off, Iā€™m pretty sure that young girl in the yellow says ā€œHe didnā€™t even punch him, he just fell downā€

Out of the mouth of babesā€¦
:grin:

I blame fuckin bebo and the likes for this fuckin shite

Thatā€™s because its gradual. Like anything it creeps up on people. Its just small adjustments in a society or environment from month to month, year to year. I suppose iā€™m coming in pretty fresh. One realises things evolve and change, thatā€™s natural, but what I am observing is certainly I am hearing back from a lot of other people. Some returnees like myself, some who were here all along. I think maybe having a business and young family keeps your mind in that game 99% of the time and you won.t take as much notice of things. Or also maybe location is a thing. Maybe its more urban. Iā€™m not suggesting I know what you meet every day, just guestimating from what you have told me.

Thatā€™s article is very much about people messing/interfering or being condescending. Thatā€™s completely different to common courtesy. My dad and others I know had plenty of that shite as well. In the 70ā€™s & 80ā€™s people would say outrageous things to him. As if he was retarded, and they would ask my mother things like ā€œcan he hear usā€ and worse. Just blind ignorance really.

This is greatā€¦I hope McGregor stays relevant in UFC for years, the level of seethingness here is off the chartsā€¦ Heā€™s mugging lads off all over the shop.

1 Like

The guys a winner.

Yeah it could be more urban alright, or just that I wouldnā€™t notice as much. Most of the towns around me are small enough and harmless too. I thought your ones article was a bit too much, or sounded like she needed to reinforce that she was capable and people shouldnā€™t be surprised she is fine. Obviously the condescending and ignorant comments are unacceptable, but people in general mean well, even if sometimes they make a mess of it.

Yes. People who try to help 99% of the time mean well. She does come across like the chip on the shoulders i have encountered all my life. They generally get over it. Its fairly understandable i suppose, especially to sudden accident people. Its so life changing you have to give them a couple of years adjustment. Many turn to drink though and/or drugs.

1 Like

This guy :smile: