Official TFK UFC Thread

Very good chance from the reactions there that it was actually a replay of the fight they were watching . FFS.

1 Like

how do you reckon?

It all just looked very staged to me. Same as most UFC fights TBH.

1 Like

was it filmed in Dublin do you think?

A good video and is useful for helping to understand the very strange behaviour of some posters on the internet this morning, Iā€™m thinking of the fella watch the break and the lad who was wound up like a jackass watchyourtoes I think ??

that fella that was ranting and raving this morning? he was definelty up all night, lashing into dutch gold to get himself in the right frame of mind for the fight

Ye, can you remember who he was?
Ufc supporter from the beginning he said. Stayed awake waiting for normal lads to get out of bed so he could take pop shots at them on the internet. V strange cunt.
Iā€™d say the fucker wonā€™t get out of bed for 3 days.

watchyourtoes? heā€™s thrown in the bed now in a stupor no doubt

1 Like

There is a huge market for this kind of stuff obviously. Sky are still selling last nights fights at the same price as original. Who the fuck is buying this? I have seen highlights of both a few times?

There is a really needy urge in alot of irish people to be accepted elsewhere in the world. Whats happening though is they are mimicking what they ā€œthinkā€ is the way Brits/Aussies/yanks carry on, and getting it terribly wrong.

We have what i call a kinda Irish Neo-Asshole. A new form of asshole. Alot of these people are not actually that naturally assholie, they are having to practice it.

So what we have now is a generation of people trying to be something else and failing miserably. This is not exclusive to the new MMA crowd, ots across the board. And we really are making a good job of enforcing the ā€œdrunk irishā€ sterotype while doing it.

I am regularly embarrassed to be irish these days. Simple things we were good at like coutersy on the roads or in ques etc have all disappeared. My auld lad is in a wheelchair and now absolutely nobody anywhere gets out of the way or holds a door or asks is any assistence needed. Well it happens, but on a massively reduced level. I know ireland had changed over the last 10 years, but the change in the last 4 has been unbelievable.

The recession was a failure.

7 Likes

that is a belter of a post

did you see the cork fella asking Holly Homles about the 12 pubs of Christmas? thinking he was right funny, what an asshole

1 Like

Asshole without doubt. It came up on my feed a few times but i didnā€™t open it.

he should be shot dead

5 Likes

utter guff

the mma crowd are all having a bit of craic, everyone in gga is depressed as far as i can see, not only are they depressed, they are mocking each other about people dying etc. no wonder you are jealous of them

Iā€™m not a gaa man.

you cant distance yourself from the gga that east mate

Ridiculous over the top hyperbole. Iā€™ve seen the absolute best of Irish people in recent times due to a tragedy down home. Thereā€™s arseholes in every way of life. Perhaps its a Munster thing.

Ulster people are sound out.

2 Likes

Harsh

So your one instance disproves my 12 months of experience?

Tragedies happen all the time, and we are not unique in helping out. Some of the stuff I saw in Oz re:Bush fires, floods etc blows away a lot of anything I have seen here. In fact in similar issues here people seem to go hiding.

We have a bit of an exalted view of ourselves and slap ourselves on the back for things that are just, well human.

1 Like