Official TFK UFC Thread

Cody should engage in similar braggadocio before Sunday.

TJ can then respond with his own rodomontade.

Noted and post edited.

Iā€™ve edited the post of yours I quoted to reflect your own editing.

:eek:

having heard all the bollocksology about this lad i happened on this recent fight while channell hopping. i actually watched it for a while.

what a load of sh1te this stuff is.
the only thing missing from the nonsense on display was drink, women with mascara streaming down their faces screaming at them and lads holding them back

total bollix

mcgregor is an entertaining lad himself all the same. well worth listening to on the radio but twitter updates all the way for the sport

Clearly he doesnā€™t give too much of a fuck what people think of him i.e. if they think heā€™s a cunt. As long as heā€™s in the spotlight thatā€™s what he wants. He will ride this for as long as it lasts and make as much money as he can. You have to admire his effort and work rate if nothing else.

[QUOTE=ā€œtwiceasnice97, post: 995581, member: 1061ā€]having heard all the bollocksology about this lad i happened on this recent fight while channell hopping. i actually watched it for a while.

what a load of sh1te this stuff is.
the only thing missing from the nonsense on display was drink, women with mascara streaming down their faces screaming at them and lads holding them back

total bollix

mcgregor is an entertaining lad himself all the same. well worth listening to on the radio but twitter updates all the way for the sport[/QUOTE]

Sounds like sections 302 and 303 in Croke Park on Sunday

Fair fucks to him make as much money while he can now. He could tone down the mouth a bit, but thatā€™s his way and Iā€™d say the UFC want it that way too. I think he will beat Poirier and he will fight either Edgar or Swanson then. Iā€™d rather he fought Edgar than Swanson at the moment.

[QUOTE=ā€œTheUlteriorMotive, post: 995461, member: 2272ā€]He is really clever in how he decided he needed to create the package. He has obviously taken elocution lessons so they will understand him in America - he makes a definite attempt to pronounce words and ends of words - fighting and not fightinā€™.

Have to admire the effort at it all and not just the sporting parts. Clever to realise that he needed to be more than just a fighter as it is entertainment more than sport.

interesting to see how he progresses[/QUOTE]
You donā€™t need to take elocution lessons to enunciate.

His trash talking was shit though. No flow to it and lots of pausing and stuttering.

Agreed. Just repeated and rehashed a few rehearsed lines.
Chris Eubank used to effortlessly pull off the ā€œLord of Manorā€ act, but it seems like a lot of effort for McGregor

[QUOTE=ā€œMark Renton, post: 995384, member: 1796ā€]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YdTlu2yO82E

Thatā€™s a whole lot of thrash talking![/QUOTE]
all part of the game in the UFC, not sure why some fellas are getting so upset about it here. The other guy hadnā€™t a clue how to handle McGregor, McGregor is a showman, and UFC needs showmen. You donā€™t sell a McGregor, he sells himself. Up to him to back it up, and up to now, he generally has, quality opponent or not.

That bird is tidy out.

ā€œmidget German steroid headā€
ā€œsuit made from scratch, fitted to my fantastic physiqueā€
ā€œhe doesnt have a vision of whats going to happen a you can seeā€
ā€œhis toes will curl and I will celebrateā€

:smiley:

[QUOTE=ā€œTreatyStones, post: 995679, member: 1786ā€]Agreed. Just repeated and rehashed a few rehearsed lines.
Chris Eubank used to effortlessly pull off the ā€œLord of Manorā€ act, but it seems like a lot of effort for McGregor[/QUOTE]

I think McGregor will need to join Bayan and Kimmage in the ā€œmust not be criticised on TFKā€ list. Iā€™m personally not upset by him - just pointing out that his trash talking is shit and pretty embarrassing. Are you upset about it and by him @TreatyStones?

Iā€™m not upset or embarrassed by him, he is a bit part player in a minority ā€œsportā€.

By god he is not a bit part player, he is huge in America already, have a look at sherdog (main MMA forum in America). Americanā€™s love trash talk and he is King at that already. He is supposedly Co main-eventing with the best pound for pound fighter in the sport Jon Jones and the President Dana White loves him.
It is certainly not a minority sport it is one of the fastest growing sports in the world.

Iā€™m glad youā€™re not upset, mate. You get upset very easily by very minor things so Iā€™m happy that you have managed to rise above this one.

Cheers, pal. Indeed it makes a welcome change for you acknowledge that too. You usually infer incorrectly that Iā€™m upset when I ridicule people for being dickheads when Iā€™m merely commenting on them. Solid progress being made here.

[QUOTE=ā€œAnto, post: 995729, member: 1117ā€]By god he is not a bit part player, he is huge in America already, have a look at sherdog (main MMA forum in America). Americanā€™s love trash talk and he is King at that already. He is supposedly Co main-eventing with the best pound for pound fighter in the sport Jon Jones and the President Dana White loves him.
It is certainly not a minority sport it is one of the fastest growing sports in the world.[/QUOTE]

which is almost the definition of being a minority sport.

if you have ten nutters playing something dumb and they manage to get 30 playing it by the end of the year they will have tripled their numbers.
this is being called the fastest growing sport over here because chubby bar stoolers need something to do in the summer. come winter when the premiership is back on most of them won`t bother their hole watching this stuff

Can I get a list of the top 10 fastest growing sports please Anto.

What is it about these Irish heroes that you donā€™t admire so much?