Oil Prices Still Hovering Near $100 A Barrel Mark

Theres a song about that
Quite an appropriate one funnily enough

No harm to see that mate,

To be fair, Oil doesnt have the pulling power anymore in terms of dictating the markets either.

Lads, what’s a litre of petrol there now? And is the oil cost being reflected at the pumps or has it barely budged over the last few months?

I filled the tank with diesel at 1.10 the other day, haven’t seen it as low in yonks, can’t remember what price the petrol was

1 Like

heading for a pound here on the mainland

2 Likes

£0.98 Patricia paddy paid today in Birmingham for petrol

3 Likes

Nowhere to go anyway. I need a service and can’t get one. I’ll drive it into the ground. I only do 8 miles a week anyway. 2 trips to m&s.

Handy for her as she’s a community nurse. She’ll clean up on mileage before she gets the virus.

2 Likes

Amazon shares are booming…

Some shower of scum. They’ve dealt their workers a very bad hand over this coronavirus carry on, and they’re making a mint.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.apartmenttherapy.com/amazon-alternatives-265547%3Famp=1

1 Like

50% increase in sales apparently. Remarkable for a company so vast.
Facebook will wax and wane, Amazon on the other hand is a behemoth so vast, it’s hard to see any competition on the horizon. These companies imho are not 100% healthy for society.

Incidentally petrol is £1.02 in Rochdale Morrisons, and has been for ten days.
It’s still £1.14 in the shell station in Wilmslow.

1 Like

Good to know. I had been wondering about that

2 Likes

I bought some last week and they are down about a per cent.

They are up 3 per cent over 12 months. They were up 17 per cent before this all hit.

They were at 1600USD a couple of months ago. They are at 1900USD now

They were at 2100 mid February.

https://www.bloomberg.com/amp/news/articles/2020-05-08/oil-crash-busted-a-broker-s-computers-and-inflicted-huge-losses

1 Like

I paid 1.13 for a litre of petrol at the Circle K at the Clonshaugh roundabout on Friday evening. It was 1.12 in the Applegreen In Baldoyle the same day, but I choose Circle K because they have pay at the pump and the last time I was in the Applegreen there was no concept of social distancing and two little cunts of children wandering around rummaging through the sweets unimpeded probably superspreading.

In Waterford the same night prices for the same product ranged 1.22 to 1.25 and in the empty motorway service station that I pulled into in Kilcullen for a kip on Sunday it was 1.32.

It led me to conclude that petrol stations in Dublin must be selling fuck all fuel, I’ve never seen such a disparity between urban and rural fuel prices and until recently outlets in Waterford were appreciably cheaper than Dublin.

I also concluded that the crowd in Kilcullen have abandoned all hope and whatever they charge nobody is going to bother pulling in there.

Pay at the pump is great. A little bit of me dies every time I have to go into a petrol station to pay. There’s something relentlessly grim about all of them, bar the applegreen on the Galway road, which I greatly like. Dunno why.