Oil Prices Still Hovering Near $100 A Barrel Mark

Grand spot to stop and have a nice Costa coffee.

1 Like

Never seems too crowded. Great spot to roaster watch also, but nice Midlands kind of roaster.

Diesel was 99.9c in Urlingford for the last 3 weeks, gone up to €1.03 today.

Any filling station off a Motorway is a rip off. They charge what they like because generally their punters are low on fuel and petrified of running out on the Motorway.

Circle K in general are the biggest cunts going for disgraceful pricing on fuel.

Not even 2 years ago. Bidda Lord.

€1.75 there yesterday, had around 250km left in the tank, cost €97 to top it up. :astonished:

Ye still busy?

Out the door.

1 Like

1 Like

We’ve been a one car family for nearly a month now. Out of necessity, waiting on parts for the second car. Its been tricky as we live 3 miles from the nearest town but its manageable if you were willing to make huge sacrifices. Kids activities would have to be scaled back quite a bit, you’d need a work from home option at least 3 days a week and it’s a pain in the hole around the farm but it forces alot more walking.

6 Likes

I guess rural Ireland is different than towns & cities where its much more doable. They really should be looking at free public transport at this stage

A car sharing scheme for your village would help too :slight_smile: or planning your journeys

One off housing in the country also feeds into these problems

1 Like

We don’t talk to the neighbours mate. The McNultys blaggarded the grandfather out of land back in the 30s.

22 Likes

This is a good point.

The dullards who would always have avoiding car pooling due to,

• don’t like to travel as a passenger
  • don’t like small talk
  • prefers own space

These lads/ladies will really soften their stances on car pooling now I’d imagine

1 Like

In the “old days” we’d get a coach to athletics and football matches. It was a great part of the experience - built friendships and camaraderie. You’d meet at the club and off you go. Lots of messing and craic.

Kids are now ferried everywhere in cars by parents (school activities aside and less chance for messing on a school trip ) and I can’t help but mourn the death of the coach to the game/race. I do think they lose out on something

We’d often race in Northern Ireland and as the blows for “yellow reg” rained down on top of me I remember thinking there has to be a better way :smile:

2 Likes

I was talking about that recently, we got a bus to all our underage away games. No idea how the club afforded.

2 Likes

We paid for the athletics one but GAA was always free - the bar subsidised a lot in those days and they rarely washed the jerseys either

Our jerseys were all done at the local dry cleaners. Maybe buses were cheaper then. You wouldnt hire a bus for under €200 now id say.

2 Likes

Did Ballysteen Juvenile GAA have some oligarch funding them?

3 Likes

That was what we were trying to figure out, christ its a drama to get a bus once a year for a piss up now.

In the 90s we could be on a bus to pallasgreen on Tuesday and then to Tournafulla on a Thursday.