Oil Prices Still Hovering Near $100 A Barrel Mark

Up to U12 it was the same in my club. Bus to all away games, no exceptions. It was the norm back then

Dark Aughinish money

1 Like

A standard story in a lot of rural enclaves. In every family there’s a underlying distrust of a neighbour over some underhand stroke pulled or perceived to have been so. In our case it concerns a cunt who kept bollocksing with a sluice gate to facilitate the operation of what he called a mill. That was magnified a generation later by the successor being seen to be a tout, reporting lads for drawing the dole and doing the odd day here and there. This of course goes back to the 1920’s but things don’t get forgotten in a hurry……

6 Likes

Jaysus buses to matches. That’s some extravagance. Then again nearly all of our matches were in Walsh Park.

It’s not dark it’s Bright red ! Think there’s 80% waste with bauxite…

Did he throw Eamon Ryan out the window or jump himself?

We were the same. Every away gaa match. Soccer manager was a bus driver was prob only way they managed that. No parents at the game either then but not sure which came first the chicken or the egg.

Jesus we never got bussed anywhere. The overloading of cars was something else alright. Three or four cars taking a squad of 20 + “mentors” to games. I definitely went to U12 games sitting in the back of a Hiace pickup.

3 Likes

It was generally just townies or teams from over an hour away getting bussed in my day. I was actually more amazed by @TreatyStones saying they got their jerseys washed in the dry cleaners

2 Likes

Was there any saving on not having to open up changing rooms? More often than not, we spent the last 5 minutes of the bus trip togging out.

Do you mean a bus?

2 Likes

You hardly thought there was a standard washing machine in Ballysteen to remove the red mist out of the jersies now did you. An industrial job aided by 5kg of Persil was called for.

No. A coach.

I’ve a relation in the fuel business.
He said they were all called into a meeting this morning and they are looking at serious issues with supply of home heating oil. Looking at a two week lead time for anything orderd from the end of this week and they are already around 5 days behind on orders when usually they would be next day delivery.

Was in the big shmoke at the weekend and there was a petrol station completely out of both diesel and petrol and a queue out of the courtyard in several more. Never seen anything like it.

They are doing some nice profiteering up there the cunts

1 Like

Stories of badmind from the past get etched into a special part of the brain that never forgets.

@KinvarasPassion would be horrified that k4 be described as “rural”.
For shame.

1 Like

No diesel to be got in some parts of West Limerick I hear.

It’s 202.9 in one place and it’s going up again tonight.

This self service station seems to increase the prices 3 or 4 times a day. Filled once a week by an unmarked vehicle from the north.

1 Like

Wicklow?