Old Sporting Stadiums

And those fuckin residents have the cheek to be whinging

2 Likes

Still a long walk from the city centre.

Itā€™s about 2km.

Ah youā€™d be at the river in 20 minutes and Oā€™Connell street in 30 without putting on more than a stroll.

It is an awful pity thereā€™s fuck all places to go around the stadium though. The Davin was a big loss. Ardhu gone now too, donā€™t know if thereā€™s been a big match since really? But it will be a disaster there for big days now

2 Likes

Darren Oā€™Connell should apply for a liquor licence for match days.

1 Like

At the current rate of expansion the Patrickswell, Cratloe and Ahane will all be city clubs in 20 years

Someone with a bag of cans should anyway

Peterā€™s not being in the Wexford 1st year final thatā€™s curtain raiser is a bit of a surprise there.

Brothers putting in a fair effort last few years. With Willie Cleary and Chops Carley coaching them now and then.

1 Like

The Azteca stadium Waterford.

1 Like

Taksim Stadium Istanbul

7 Likes

Stadio del Alpi. I had the fortune to be at a Turin derby there many moons ago.

1 Like

This is a thread made for you @Cheasty

1 Like

GAA stadiums were never the same after they took out the Wooden benches.

Mashed together, and the crowd roaring.

Terraces havenā€™t been the same since you canā€™t go flying 8 rows down after a goal either. Although neither really a bad thing

Nearly impaling myself getting over the wire on the Canel End in 1992 is an experience youā€™d never want to experience again

I remember the auld lad squeezing me in through the turnstyle with him on the one ticket and being absolutely squelched into the wire mesh of the turnstyle.

Halycon days

2 Likes

You should go to Walsh Park. We have wooden seats and unsafe terraces by the new time.

5 Likes

When you get the shit kicked out of you it feels a lot longer.

1 Like

Bramall Lane is one of the only grounds to host a cricket international and football international in England.

2 Likes