On this day

25 years ago.

7 Likes

25 years ago today. Stonewall classic. Man management at its best. If you haven’t seen this watch it to the end

https://twitter.com/dannyobry1/status/1225818445683548160?s=21

30 years ago today, 11 February 1990, Nelson Mandela was released from prison and Mike Tyson lose the world heavyweight title to James Buster Douglas.

1 Like

It was a Sunday, I can recall exactly where I was when the tv pictures were shown of Mandela walking out.

1 Like

Wayne Rooney made in his England debut in 2003. He was some player as a youngster

Pat Finucane murdered 12/2/89. State murder.

3 Likes

On this day twenty five years ago the Gardaí had one of their finest moments, as they walked all over the English hooligans in Landsdowne

2 Likes

They fucking gave it to them good and proper that day. They should have a yearly reenactment

1 Like

Were you in the tv room?

3 Likes

Putting the away section for a known group of hooligans probably wasnt the brightest idea in hindsight.

1 Like

Did they really though? From what I saw on TV the brits destroyed the place, hopefully I’m totally wrong but it seemed they bate all around them and got away lightly

Hope you’re right boy as the hooligans reckon they won big-time ( some doc I saw in the past)

I don’t know who won but I never experienced terror and panic, before or after, like I did that night in Lansdowne Road. We were just off to the left when the seats started coming down from the top deck.

Worse was to follow afterwards when we were on a bus out to Sandymount. A gang of about 25 of them tried to hijack the bus. Luckily they got distracted by a row down the road and left us off.

1 Like

Awful stuff

4 Likes

Graham Taylor

1 Like

Thom McGinty, aka The Diceman died 25 years ago today. 25 fucking years.

You’d sort of miss the days when Everton didn’t just fold meekly against Liverpool, and would instead even win an odd Derby game before inevitably coming up just short of Liverpool at the end of the season.

The first piece of action here has a tremendous mix up between Brucie and Mark Lawrenson. The sort of thing Brucie was to make a trademark during his career in Derby games but usually got away with.

He dropped some howler later on though.

1 Like

35 years ago today Fianna Fail expelled Des O’Malley for not being sufficiently anti-condom.

They haven’t changed much in the interim.

2 Likes

On this day,this actual day at 5 o C. Rangers fc are going to get their holes opened when BRAGA FC get hold of them