On this day

25 years

What a fucking opening

3 Likes

Happy Saint David’s Day y’all

3 Likes

On this day three years ago we were all looking out the window at a winter wonderland.

1st March 2006

On this day 73 years ago, Rory Gallagher was born of this earth.

2 Likes

Saw him a few times live, brilliant. I’d recommend the Ballyshannon festival for a lads weekend away

1 Like

The great John Candy passed away on March 4th 1994

Revel in his genius, and some beautiful tributes from his peers.

4 Likes

I was brought up on Gallagher, its amazing he doesn’t get the airplay on irish radio he deserves. The auld lad requested a million miles away to be played at his funeral. I still struggle to listen to it.

5 Likes

A hotel bar full of people…

25 fucking years. Poetry.

1 Like

The Shat is 90

Both McCarthy and Bonner were shite for both goals. Bailey was rubbish for ours. I remember that game very well, was devastated when we lost. Brian Moore saying “and it’s in there!!”. That Éire jersey :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Is it a tournament game, friendly or what?

Was that the last time England beat Ireland before Spock’s chumps got flogged last year?

It was a friendly. England were on the way up and you can see the players they had on that day. Apart from Bailey and Davenport who came on it was a strong England team. You could argue that Hateley was a bit dodge also for England. Ireland weren’t great back then under Eoin Hand even though the team played that night was quite strong. Waddock and O’Keeffe were about the weakest on our team but, like I said earlier, McCarthy and Bonner weren’t great for the goals.

The teams are shown below. Eoin Hand was only 34!!

1 Like

John Byrne’s mullet was a sight to behold.

1 Like

Exactly 12 months to the day, I got the phone call to be up in Vincents for the op. At the time, I didn’t think I’d be walking out of it five days later as healthy as a fucking ox.

22 Likes

On this day in 1987, Cork shit themselves and ran away to catch the train