On this day

Barnes was terrible there.

1 Like

Has to go to the fleg there alright. Tired mind, tired legs, tough end of season. Brucie goes down easy too.

1 Like

Don Revie died 32 years ago today, 26 May 1989. I can remember hearing it on the radio, they interrupted the sports news and the results of the 3.45 from Uttoxeter to announce it.

1 Like

1798, United Irishman took Enniscorthy, following success of the battle of Oulart Hill.

Yesterday would have been the day Father Murphy’s 4000 defeated North Cark militia.

7 Likes

Don?

1 Like

Leeds

1 Like

Jesus there were pints had that day :pint:

7am straight through to Dublin v Wexford in Dr Cullen park for Alan Brogan’s debut. That was a mouldy day.

2 Likes

What a shite defensive header.

To this day I’ve only ever seen highlights of this match.

The previous evening I went for a game of snooker with a mate who’s built like a tank. He convinced me to go for a pint, which of course turned in to a bottle of buckfast on the middle Arch and a subsequent trip to the legendary GPO nightclub in Galway. Think I woke up around 3pm the following afternoon. My mate burst his head walking up his driveway and woke up in hospital. He had fallen over the gate.

They were brilliant times.

3 Likes

I remember it well I was only a young lad. We went into Limerick after the match and there was a big crowd coming out of dolans. They went up the road to Clyde house (now Mcgarry house) which was at the time a direct provision centre. There was a crowd of lads celebrating outside and singing ole. Probably assuming it was full of Cameroonians. Even as a small fella I thought that was stupid. Good times

Many a lad ran naked on Dr. Cullen that day.

1 Like

Wedding anniversary today, almost forgot it. Recovery shot (Mickleson-esque) incoming.
And Yes, I know the trick for remembering it - forget it wance…

19 Likes

Congrats Boxty. Will you take mammy to town for a bit of tea?

1 Like

How many years down Boxty?

1. Looks a lot when you type it and consider the implications. Sighs…
17 Likes

Congrats pal :heavy_heart_exclamation:

1 Like