On this day

Seven years ago, I was pushed onto an INTERNET forum to talk shite.

Seven years later, I’m still talking absolute scutter.

7 Likes

Soldier falls asleep and drops to the ground as Taoiseach addresses Collins commemoration at Béal Na Bláth……Honrale.

1 Like

Shower of bolloxes listening to Keonthe swine

Quite a few scummers at this commemoration.

On this day, today, Leeds United bate the bollix off Chelsea

7 Likes

It was tge beginning of the end of the Catholic church in Ireland.

There is a great clip on Reeling in the Years of Casey and Cleary warming up the crowd in the Phoenix Park in 1979.

Both of them would have had children then.

Casey with his stealing of money and his hypocrisy. Ok. But Cleary! Knocked up an mentally troubled 16 year old trusted to his care for some reason. Then denied the young fella living in his house was anything to do with him.

Then Byrne with his ‘Mick… do you ever miss being married’ and ‘if he turns out half as good as his father…’ What was that about?

Ultimately a different time in this country with a litany of male arseholes involved.

5 Likes

Gay Byrne, now there was an Uber Cunt

1 Like

Ah Boxty, you were never on parade at 6am. They’d always two or three hit the tarmac. And you wouldn’t be allowed pick them up either.

I thought an attempt had been made on Martin’s life and the assassin had hit the soldier instead. Where were the military personnel who were supposed to throw themselves on the Taoiseach to preserve his life - standing there with big gormless heads on them. Béal Na Bláth seems a dangerous place. Cork….

2 Likes

There isn’t many in Cork these days that can hit the target from 65 yards, let alone 200.

25 Likes

Cracker. The drishééns will be circling shortly. :+1:

2 Likes

Oooooffffftttttttttt

EIEIO

2 Likes
2 Likes

Had she lived the redtops would have tarnished her reputation so much by now she’d be persona non grata.

Instead she died and is a national icon, with the most fawning cheerleaders in the redtops.

It’s a funny old World

Hard to believe it’s a quarter of a century ago today since we lost England’s Rose.

I remember that fateful Sunday morning well. I had a fitful sleep, as I was very tense about the final round of the BMW Invitational/International (delete/add as applicable) in Germany.

Young tyro Pádraig Harrington still had a slim chance of gaining automatic Ryder Cup qualification in this last counting event, but he would need to go low in the final round. He didn’t go low and captain Ballesteros was vindicated in his subsequent wild card selections when we comfortably disposed of the American challenge at Valderama (spelling).

Alas, I was downstairs between 6am & 7am and turned on the TV. I recall BBC One came on, as we’d have been watching MOTD before turning in the night before. I was greeted by the seismic events on a BBC News Special.

“If you’re just joining us this Sunday morning 31 August 1997…Princess Diana has died after an overnight car accident in Paris, France. The incident happened at…”

Everything was a blur after that but I remember racing upstairs to pass on the devastating news. “Dad! Mam! Princess Diana died overnight in car crash…it’s on the news here…”

I genuinely don’t know how Greg Rusedski held it together to play the US Open Final that night.

2 Likes

Glanbia becomes Tirlán