On this day

My oul fella is a bit of an oul gent. Got the fright of his life at the funeral of one of his great friends about 20 years ago when a load of lads rocked up in balaclavas and fired over the coffin. Coincidentally, the son of the deceased was and is a good pal of mine.

I was born in the early 80’s and to me Elvis seemed like a mystical figure.

‘The King is alive’ and all that.

It was almost hard to grasp that he lived on the earth like other music folk and to me was the ultimate star. He still is really.

The most fatal Late Late Interview in Irish Political history?

A lovely way to start the year

Meatloaf passed away today 12 months ago.

Doesn’t seem like a year ago. Bloody hell.

15 years ago, the first episode of Breaking Bad aired

“This is Gareth Edwards”

2 Likes

Miss the conversion

Would be ruled out today, forward pass to Gareth Edwards

Made in Dungarvan by Radley Engineering. No motorway between Waterford and Dublin then. It had to be transported in sections up the road in the very early hours of the mornings.

What a try. Has stood the test of time, 50 years on. Sad to see one of the Barbarians of 1973 pass away in recent days. David Duckham RIP

4 Likes

Gareth was a cool dude, fame never altered him. Years after, on Parkinson, the equally unflappable Michael asked him about it and how it all felt.

Gareth emitted a small chuckle and replied “I’d have ran all the way to Swansea with it that day”.

My favourite ever try, forward pass or not. Imagine the ruckus today….

2 Likes

Genuinely iconic and has stood the test of time, thank fook there was no TMO back in those days

2 Likes
2 Likes

would have been a red card to NZ 14 before that for a dangerous head high tackle

@Tim_Riggins

Penny for your thoughts

20 years since smoking ban came in

Today