On this day

Not quite the 12th yet
But posting as I’m hitting the sack

Scenes from 10 years ago

Guys

It’s finished at Sunderland, Manchester United have done all they can … Manchester City are still alive here. Balotelli. Aguero. I swear you’ll never see anything like this ever again. So watch it, drink it in. They’ve just heard the news at The Stadium of Light. Two goals in added time for Manchester City to snatch the title away from Manchester United, stupendous!

DRINK IT FUCKING IN

Gone 25 years today.

1 Like

The GOAT. End of discussion.

2 Likes

Regret never going to see him perform.

1 Like

It was the date of the Seinfeld finale

Some great bands here. A fair amount of scutter too mind

Was that the night Bono said they were going away to invent it all over again?

Rory Gallaghers star has fallen a lot since those days

5 Likes

I was at it with my pal Mango. Bought two boxes of cider, took off the cardboard and put the pouches down the front of my shirt and put the coat on over and the job was oxo, got through the drink check. As a consequence was mildly sozzled for the day. Left before Chris de Burgh and myself and Mango got the bus into town and watched u2 on the telly in the flowing Tide. A great day out.

7 Likes

No. That was December 31st, 1989 at the Point Depot.

“They crawled out of the woodwork
Onto pages of cheap Dublin magazines”

I refuse to crawl.

Lovely nod to Philo there.

3 Likes

30 years ago today.

2 Likes
1 Like

1 Like

Hard to believe a quarter of a century next year.
My abiding memory is my brother, big into United, was so dumbstruck by what happened that he didn’t actually do his usual 43 laps of the sitting room at home and instead just sat there mumbling to himself something like “they’re actually going to win this - how did this happen?”
Seem to remember United, without Keane (and Scholes?), were second best for most of the 90 minutes.

1 Like

Yeah both suspended. Under pressure for most of it.

Bayern weren’t clinical and got spooked.

I was on co-op in the U.S. and watched it all in the canteen. Was surreal.

1 Like