On this day

Maith sibh Boxty (agus do bhean bhocht cráite) :wink:

1 Like

Good man Boxty!

1 Like

Thanks for the good wishes folks, appreciated. We had a grand night, just ourselves for grub and a bit of a photo-shoot and we were joined by a few family friends for the gargling part.

A great oul’ night with the customary slobbering and yarn telling and her brother home the day before from Perth (No, he didn’t come for the occasion). To make a long story short I was about 6/10 yesterday morning and one of the twins was a visible 2/10 but I insisted on the BBQ and he had no option but to don the Neven Maguire hat and set to. I helped - I made chips.

I enjoyed myself more than I expected to and Nanny managed the 2 (two) G&T’s and seemed happy.

18 Likes

Congratulations Boxty (& Nanny too, I guess)! :clinking_glasses:

1 Like

Some going Boxty, fair play to you both.

1 Like

Glass.

A twitter account with a name like that, and the cunt was going to turn off the fucking tv?

Prick.

Frampton sent Leahy home with his tea in a mug that day.

2 Likes

Is that a young Derek McGrath in the first picture.

1 Like

It is. I think he was a largely unused sub that year.

Probably hitting the books on the bench.

1 Like

30 years ago today Aidan o Brien sent out his first winner.

1 Like
1 Like

Great spot

Remember making our way back from a Feile in Kilkenny when that game was on. Caught some of it in a pub in Bunclody and made it home for the Carey’s iconic point.

Wasn’t it great when the championship meant something.

Gazza’s goal against Scotland was the day before.

Ger Canning sounded like he was absorbed in the match. I wonder when exactly it was that he completely lost any interest in or understanding of what was happening in front of him.

:thread:

https://twitter.com/ATRightMovies/status/1672174122460237826

St John’s Night

3 Likes