On this day

Scored 0-7 or 8 from play including a worldly to bring it to ET

The point to level it at the death was unreal. About 80 metres out and Conor Allis brought his stick down halfway up Walsh’s hurl. He still had the wrists and the follow-through to get the strike away and score.

1 Like

That evening set the seed for the 2013 Munster final win.

One of the best individual displays I ever saw. He looked like he was going to become a terrifying hurler that night

1 Like

I think he had one lad sent to the showers before half time?

I thought you scored ALL the scores.

I must be out there on my own in that regard, having scored everything for my side in a Wexford Co Final.

August 14th 1996

1 Like

Thats gas. The big porto heads on the lads in the video.

On this day in 1977 Elvis Presley died

2 Likes

Well worth visiting that area if you haven’t done so already and getting a guided tour.

is it easy to get to from brussels?

Two hours on a train.

1 Like

Also, Madonna was born in 1958.

I used to love Coughlan when I was a kid. He was one of the few Irish sports people competing seriously on the world stage in the 70s and 80s. However watching his finest hour back he acted the absolute cunt. He’s since become a Fine Gael senator so this may not have been an isolated incident.

1 Like

Lovely bit of cockiness alright there.

I’d say anyone that was happy enough with the nickname ‘chairman of the boards’ probably had a bit of a cunt in him.

1 Like

It was great to see that bit of a cut in an Irish sports man. To be encouraged if anything, especially in an individual sport.

Have you been to Ypres? My great grandfather is buried there and it’s somewhere I’ve always meant to see.

I dunno. It’s pretty disrepectful. I don’t remember you being so accepting the time Brogan and Vaughan were pointing at the scoreboard when Dublin were hammering laois.