On this day

It was a hotel bar in Richmond. I was staying there with some friends. Munster were staying there too after playing a game on a Saturday afternoon or evening. I was shocked at the amount of blazers around the place that day. Absolute whopper cunts. At the time (pre the All Blacks win in Chicago which I attended) I was vehemently anti rugby. I had no respect for them. It must have been about 2001 maybe.

I left the hotel to go drinking in various pubs along the Thames. Came back late that evening and retired to the residents bar.

O’Gara was there with some blazers. Questioned why I was in the bar and I told them I was as entitled to be there as they were and basically rugby was a bit shit and no big deal really in the scheme of things. A tiny amount of countries played it and big red faced allackdoos followed it. Rehashed most of what goes on on the anti rugby thread albeit 16 years or so ago.
He grew angry enough and I kept going sensing victory.

mick Galway then walked over and put me over his shoulder, carried me out of the bar and told me to go to bed.

Which I did.

The next afternoon I went drinking again and ended up meeting a returning British soldier in full uniform who was as drunk as me and he pushed me down Richmond high street in a shopping trolley to The Orange Tree pub where I joined my friends standing on the bar singing American pie.

Great days. Sort of.

4 Likes

I’ll save someone else the trouble

That
Never
Happened

Sounds like Galwey sent you home with your tae in a mug

You don’t win All Ireland finals with Kerry without knowing when to say enough is enough to a Dub.

1 Like

That is a serious mugging off in fairness.

Great to hear Gallimh put manners on him like that

1 Like

O’Gara is a good enough man to mug himself off as @Mac will testify to

Gaillimh will still provide him with a character reference though.

Where would you start with this tripe, in all fairness.

5 Likes

Dungeon FFS

You did in your bollix

its hard to know where to start with it

I could believe the bit about him drinking with Crown forces though.

2 Likes

I think that’s what Fagan_ODowd was getting at in his post.

Blue Monday released 34 years ago today

1 Like

No, with my eyes I said.

I do not. It’s complete piss.

Just like a '79 Latour.

The Provisional Irish Republican Army undertakes its first operation in Great Britain, planting four car bombs in London; 10 members of PIRA are arrested at Heathrow Airport while trying to leave the country

10 of them? They must have been wearing balaclavas and sunglasses.