On this day

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gwCDYc-r3iI

2 Likes

Denis Ogie Moran, born 60 years ago today.

8 All Ireland. 11 Munster titles. 3 NFL’s. Bizarrely, and summing up the All Star process, just 1.

All 8 titles won at centre forward if I’m remembering correctly. When they lost to Offaly, he had been moved to the wing.

Party to one of the greatest GAA pictures of all time. Nowadays you can fire off 100 pictures in a matter of seconds, back then, it was about timing. Like the catch itself. Perfection.

Incidentally, Tomás’ stance was the spit of his uncle.

5 Likes

Is that Mullins without the teeth?

Thats not Ogie moran

Great pic all the same

He was on newstalk the other week and Chris Donoghue referred to him as Oggy (i.e. rhyming with foggy) moran :rollseyes:

1 Like

Yes. Sean Walsh and Brian Mullins

Jesus died for us.

I know I’ve been beaten to it but that doesn’t look remotely like Ogie Moran.

Ogie was a fine player but no more than a mullocker on those great teams, maybe unlucky not to have a couple more all stars but when Kerry forwards were filling up most of the spots he was always likely to have been one of the ones to make way. Wouldn’t ever have been the best number 11 in the game anyway.

This is hugely embarrassing for @myboyblue. His fellow Muldoons will do nothing but sneer at him now after this gaffe.

What’s obvious here is that despite his admiration for, and incredulity that Ogie has only won a single all star, @myboyblue hasn’t a notion what the lad looked like.

1 Like

Stick up a picture of Ogie there so I can see if he looks like yer man in the photo.

@myboyblue that is not Ogie Moran… kind of makes your big long spiel about him and his lack of All Stars laughable when you don’t even know what he looks like ffs sake…

Fucking amateur hour around here… :rollseyes:

That’s not Ogie Moran in the photo @myboyblue.

2 Likes

Ogie was a Limerick man .

Which one is Ogie?

Is that true. I had heard he was born in Limerick but thought it was just bulls hit.
If so twould make a great table quiz question.

Ogie wasn’t a Limerickman at all, Ballybunion born and reared, may have had Limerick background like Ger Power.

Yea I was looking it up there. I has heard stories that he was born in Limerick. Obviously not true.

The middle wan