On this day

Wasn’t Owen Smyth meant to have been the Loughgall informant?

“Allegedly”.

Celtic stopped the 10 in a row, 19 years ago today.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i4-i-yYbloU

5 Likes

It was for the SAS.

1 Like

30 years.

One of the great FA Cup final goals to make it 2-2 here and a trademark Jimmy Hill roar to accompany it.

I can still name that Coventry team, you know.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K4V7H9x5cRU

2 Likes

10 years since Brown signed.

How many yellow/red cards?

326AD

Something which has impacted the western world ever since.

The council of Nicaea opened.

1 Like

50 years ago today, 25 May 1967, Scotland’s Glasgow Celtic were the first British team to win the European Cup.

1 Like

Incorrect

This should get interesting. Here, I’ll have the first go.

Celtic, because they are in the pretend RA, are not British.

3 Likes

Celtic is what they are called mate

On this day 40 years ago, Liverpool became the second Irish club to win the European Cup.

On this day 12 years ago, Liverpool won their fifth European Cup.

2 Likes

A football club founded by an English member of the Conservative Party and prominent member of the Orange Order is not an Irish club.

A quick history lesson for you, mate.

Liverpool is the Irish Catholic club in the city of Liverpool.

The Kop was partly built using rubble from the Easter Rising and named after an incident which occurred during the Rising, at the suggestion of Irish Nationalist MP for Liverpool, T.P O’Connor.

2 Likes

The Kop was built in 1906, ten years before the Easter Rising. it was rebuilt in 1928.

John Houlding, the founder of Liverpool FC was a member of the Orange Order, a free mason and a member of the British Conservative Party.

1 Like

With rubble from the Easter Rising.

That’s a myth.

Houlding (real name Sean O’Talamh) was actually a Fenian spy from Co. Tipperary who infiltrated the Tories and the Orange Order and passed valuable information back home to assist the fight for freedom.

Bought from a snake oil salesman if they believed it was being kept in storage during a ten-year period that Dublin was being rebuilt.

No it’s an actual historical fact. Is there any record to back up these outlandish claims that you’re making?

It was excellent rubble, the best rubble available, believe me, and it lasted tremendously well until the rebuilding of the Kop in 1994.

Yes - O’Talamh revealed all this in his will - or his “Liam” as he called it.

Liverpool FC also has a long association with our national airline and the Irish aeronautical industry. Keeping the flag flying high.

Where can one find actual proof of this revelation in the will?