Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

I suspect, then, he is cross lateralized, which is an excellent thing to be.

Joe Deane was lefthanded.

1 Like

Joe Deane Free

RIGHTHANDERS CONVERTED FROM LHOT/GRIPCHANGING TO RHOT ORTHODOX XV

Ken Hogan (Tipperary)

Wayne Sherlock (Cork)
Ken McGrath (Waterford)
Philly Larkin (Kilkenny)

Joe Hennessy (Kilkenny)
Tony Wall (Tipperary)
Tom Cashman (Cork)

Ger Fennelly (Kilkenny)
Jack Lynch (Cork)

Michael Duignan (Offaly)
Henry Shefflin (Kilkenny)
Eddie Keher (Kilkenny)

Richie Hogan (Kilkenny)
Michael ā€˜Babsā€™ Keating (Tipperary)
Adrian Ronan (Kilkenny)

I do not think JD was from an era where a lefthanded child was forced to write with his right hand. My father, born in 1945, was caught in that awful craic.

Jimmy Doyle wrote with his right hand, even though born lefthanded. The one time I met him, he said: ā€œIt was beaten into us.ā€

2 Likes

He was left footed aswell. I canā€™t explain photo of Joe writing with his right hand but Iā€™m still pretty sure he was lefthanded. I knew Joe well.

In what planet is Gleeson a better technical player than Cian Lynch?

For fuck sake Lynch has absolutely evrrything on Gleeson - the medals, big game player, an absolute wizard with the ball.

This Aussie Gleeson shit needs to stop. I wouldnā€™t put him in the top 5 hurlers in the country.

3 Likes

@Malarkey , I stand corrected.

My father the same, left handed but the pencil tied to his right hand in school and the left handedness bate out of him. To this day he canā€™t tell his right from left when discussing directions etc

2 Likes

That craic was heinous.

1 Like

Ah noā€¦ But am just going by photo.

Met Joe a couple of times. Absolute gent.

1 Like

I said CL is clearly the better performer. Can hardly be more plain.

I had it confirmed by a lad who would know. Joeā€™s young fella is a fine prospect by the way.

3 Likes

I think in fairness to Gleeson, the hoty he got there a few years ago probably got into his head a little bit snd he suffered performance wise because of it. Lockdown was actually good to him in the sense he managed to get himself in shape physically and got himself stronger mentally. Liam Cahills appointment did him no harm either. However like Gillane, he can let himself get provoked and opposition know that if hes goaded enough heā€™ll eventually react. But yeah, hurling ability wise, hes right up there.

The teachers and Catholic Church have a whole lot to answer for in this country. One and the same in this case no doubt.

2 Likes

Heā€™s not more skillful either. Lynch has made me jump off my seat far more often.

Good breeding on the mothers side also. Joeā€™s father in law, Dom Enright was on the Waterford panel in 1957 who lost out to Kilkenny in the All Ireland.

3 Likes

Lynch has extravagant skills himself, jump out of the seat stuff as you say but speaking in terms of technique and the skills of the game, Gleeson is the tighter, more technically correct hurler.

Two great players anyway.

1 Like

For a relatively small lad, joe had some ability to jump

2 Likes