Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Such is how I remember the start in 2018 as well.

It was a bizarre tactic by Galway to build their game plan around Glynn in that final. He was probably their fifth best forward.

2 Likes

I agree. Some would say seventh or eighth.

Hurling is funny. I think Jason Flynn is one of the most gifted hurlers I have ever seen. A gazelle with all the skills. Butā€¦

2 Likes

Nope, Daire Oā€™Leary was. I expect Cahalane to pick up Kiely and Oā€™Donoghue to take Hutchinson.

Thatā€™s what I thought. Oā€™Leary isnā€™t in the 26 for tomorrow, is he injured?

Yep, groin strain

1 Like

On their best days I would select Gleeson over Lynch.
If I wanted to be sure of a performance Iā€™d select Lynch,
But I know fuck all

Got the best point Iā€™ve seen scored in Croke park in the 2015 final.

2 Likes

No, I wouldnā€™t personally see him at corner back at all. Maybe a sub from midfield back.

Heā€™d be a weak link there now

Glynn left himself down in that situation truth told.

1 Like

@Malarkey , Cian Lynch is the best hurler by a mile in the country.

I wouldnt even base that on his three senior All Ireland medals. But his performance last year in the All Ireland final v Cark, was one for the ages.

I have never seen an individually better performance in an All Ireland final. Ever.

He is magic.

1 Like

Was speaking to a prominent Galway hurling man the other day and I said the exact same thingā€¦ Nearly to a word.

A point of supernatural brilliance.

1 Like

Tommy Dunne, 2001.

Watch it

Sorry pal, I canā€™t agree there.

Your own Nicky English called it well on Sky Sports - an exhibiton of hurling that had not been witnessed before.

He was absolutely right too re last years AI final. Nationally we should all enjoy Cian Lynchs hurling.

He is one of the GOAT.

1 Like

Sakeā€¦.

Flesh that out a bit like a good man.

Those are better teams selected than i expected.

Its not the real thing without Austin but lets hope Dessie and Hoggy light it up.

Cian Lynch is a phenomenal hurler. I first saw him in a minor game when lads on here were debating whether him or Ronan Lynch was better and it was clear even then that he was on a different planet.

Austin Gleeson is a lot more direct and selfish whereas youā€™d get the impression watching him hurl that Cian Lynch would nearly get more pleasure from a nice pass to a teammate which results in a goal. When Gleeson is on form heā€™s the best hurler in the country to watch though, he can do anything

1 Like

At under 16 playing Harty in 2012 Ronan Lynch was definitely better. Nearly beat Nenagh on his own at Centre Forward whereas Cian was only floating around not doing anything really.

Maybe that had changed by 2014.

Harty is played in winter so suited slower lads like Ronan Lynch and Jason Forde