Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Ronan Lynch has excelled on the really big stage, the AIB Club Championship.

To be the GOAT, Cian Lynch will need to lead an already super talented Patrickswell to glory in Croke Park.

:joy:

Nicky called Lynch for HOTY and Limerick for All Ireland before a ball was pucked in 2018.

Tommy Dunne gave an absolute tour de France in 2001 alright @carryharry . Was everywhere and a real Captain’s performance that day in a battle.

1 Like

Battle vs a Cake walk my reasoning

Ah you have to look at Cian Lynchs assists too in the 2021 All Ireland. He gave Hego two goals on the day in terms of assists.

Cian is the conductor of the Limerick orchestra, 100% pal.

Back to back All Irelands are not easily won.

You should know that coming from Tipp into Limerick to be educated.

2 Likes

2-11 in scores and assists a performance only a GOAT can produce on the day that matters

1 Like

Lads can talk and write all they want. Cian Lynch has three All Ireland medals in his pocket.

Juat turned 26.

A great young Limerick man.

3 Likes

Jaysus you really are the GOAT wum👏

2 Likes

Lynch has thrown the technical manual of hurling out the window & is writing his own.

2 Likes

:rollseyes:

I never dismissed Lynch’s performance. If you’d followed my posts over past five years (including one today) you’d know my views on Lynch, and that I’m a big fan, and just wished his father convinced his mother to move back to Loughmore.

And believe me, I heard enough in my education in Tipp as a child about back-to-backs from older generations who’d seen plenty of them. My father had seen a three in a row and two back-to-backs before he hit 21. But the past is the past. And we’ve failed to do it since. But do remember that this is the first time Limerick have ever done it. I’d expect them to go 3 for 3 this year.

Dunne’s performance in 2001 is a truly underrated one. I’d encourage you to go back and watch it.

PS when I came to college in Limerick, Limerick were arguably the worst team in Munster aside from Kerry. So there wasn’t much hurling education coming then.

7 Likes

I love throwing in a few grenades every now and then .
But i do think Lynch needs to lead Patrickswell to Croker the way Shefflin lead Ballyhale and Canning lead Portumna.

Their results are fairly underwhelming all things considered.

1 Like

Just to chip in here.

Cian Lynch is a brilliant hurler. His touch, appreciation of space and ability to pick a pass are fantastic attributes. For me he is the heart beat of that Limerick team. I’d be trying to stop him every day because he is that good. A player I would turn up to see play.

3 Likes

I don’t know kid.

2021 and 2020 All Irelands are easier to remember for me.

Maybe you need another jog around a few mountains.

:rollseyes: :rollseyes:

3 Likes

Agree with all of that

You’re doing a fine audition for the mother theresa role kid.

@backinatracksuit has that nailed on though.

You need to branch out a bit from your Cooley mountain photos.

Just saying :grinning:

I would argue that Lynch needs a touch of what Aussie has and Aussie a touch of what Lynch has. Being honest Joe Canning had that. He knew when the logical thing was to take his own score. He could also sense when there was something bigger on and lay it off. Joe Canning was just fucking gifted

4 Likes

:man_shrugging::man_shrugging:

Just the 200 posts in 6 hours since i said tomorrow night was like Hamlet without the Prince in Austin’s absence.

Vintage TFK.

3 Likes

I never knew this, seems mad. Have you any idea what age these lads would have been when they were comverted?