Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

Box office

I once met an old man in Glasgow who showed me his left hand which was stuck in a claw. He’d been an old school cooper all his life and holding the hammer had left it like that. Being more innocent times in some ways, I asked about the lines on his wrist. He told me he’d been left handed and the teacher lashed him across the wrist over and over. One day after school he’d gone in and his father was there. “I tried to hide it, but he saw the blood on my shirt and asked what it was” Scared he’d get the same again, he told his father, who looked at him and said nothing, but after that he didn’t recall it happening much again.
Years later, when his dad died, he’d been sorting out his things and came across, in a box under the bed, a newspaper article stating that his father had been heavily fined for hitting the teacher.
His oul fella had gone down to the teachers house and laid him out.
A story that has stuck with me as the best and worst of Glasgow.

4 Likes

Looks like a very strong Waterford team for the weekend, I thought they were due to be missing a few more.

Jeez they were cat melodian until the money came along alright

Ian Kenny, Iarlaith Daly, Jamie Barron, Peter Hogan and Austin all to come into that 26.

Nailed on AI winners you’d have to say

It was rugby country back then. I remember going out and you’d see lads with their ironed Bank of Ireland Munster jersey tucked into blue jeans on a night out! Wasn’t there a dedicated rugby store back then in Limerick?

4 Likes

I think it’s the strongest panel they’ve had. I still don’t think it’s as strong as Limerick’s.

They were some crowd for the boot cut jeans over the tackys alright. Yep was a Munster shop. Twas the biggest selling rugby merch after the all blacks. @thelimericks are some crowd to follow the wind

1 Like

We’ll see no one would begrudge WD finally getting over the line to be fair

1 Like

Mark Ellis?

No disrespect to Tipp but those teams would have won All-Irelands if they had Ryan or someone half fucking competent over them.

2 Likes

There was. I made sure to piss on the door any night I was out for a few. Great days.

There was “This is rugby country” plastered all over the gaelic grounds, and not a word said.
Flegs on the bridge.
You have to hand it to the limericks, they know how to leap from one bandwagon to another.

Two Heineken Cups and 3 All Irelands in 15 years is a decent haul for Sporting Limerick. We survived the famine of 2008-18.

1 Like

As for CL and Gleeson… Opinions are like arseholes etc. But take Lynch out of that Limerick team and they are just your average team in many ways. I don’t think Gleeson is a huge loss in terms of what he does as a vital cog for the team. They can carry on as is without. I think @iron_mike nailed it on both

Get with the times flatty. You gotta learn to be flexible and adapt to trend. Theres 60k of us heading to Croker today for the football

2 Likes

Hurling is dead in Limerick.

1 Like

They knew where there bread was buttered (Martinstown)

What are you raving about?

1 Like