Only the 2022 National Hurling League? Only the Allianz 2022 National Hurling League

We need to put a knife through every sliothar in the county.

2 Likes

Itā€™s clear to see Gleeson holds Waterford back from being a team. Heā€™s too selfish, too indisciplined, too inconsistent and just not a team player. Waterford would improve long-term without him.

Gleeson might have the better mastery of traditional skills of hurling but Lynch has something else entirely, itā€™s like he has created new skills. His vision and game awareness the range of what he can do with the ball when he has it is outrageous. Lynch regularly picks up balls without thinking about it in ways most players probably couldnā€™t do if you have them ten goes at it on a training pitch. His ability to open things up with his passing and running is also something different in hurling. The way he picks defences apart is more like something youā€™d see in soccer or rugby. I donā€™t think thereā€™s ever been another player that can do the things he can do. Canning could do the passing but not even he could do some of the other stuff lynch does. I still find it incredible when lynch is getting tackled even by two or three players he has his head up looking for where heā€™s going to play the ball as if heā€™s paying no attention to the players tackling him.

Heā€™s a savage athlete and I donā€™t mean that in a derogatory. Heā€™d have made some gymnast or something like that.

Heā€™d excel at any sport. Heā€™s gotten bigger too, saw him at the harty final and heā€™s an upper body like a tank.

ā€œItā€™s a bit of a shame really,ā€ says Nash. ā€œMy uncles would have played for Cork in the 1990s and they always said they loved the league and loved really going out to try and win it. So Iā€™m a bit old-fashioned and youā€™d love if there was that much emphasis still put on it. but back then, you only had one championship match guaranteed so the league meant a lot more."
Anthony Nash in The Times :grinning:

Ya his balance gets him out of so much trouble. Even when he first broke on the scene his weak side was very poor and he used to compensate by doing silly flicks and tricks. Heā€™s sorted all that out now.

Gleeson on his day is outstanding but too often in big games heā€™s goes missing.

Until he really performs in these games I wouldnā€™t mention him in the same breadth as lynch.

Cork arenā€™t going for the league

When the rats tail was flopping about in the breeze young Austin was winning matches & HOTY gongs.

It took Cian a few years and a whole pile of new money to find his feet. Austin made his own path in tougher fields.

Now, today itā€™s a very close call but if you look at the case objectively then youā€™ll see whoā€™s done more in the game.

1 Like

Itā€™s a fair point,
Back then you had to peak in May and stay there for the whole summer. So the later stages of the league would have to have been full championship intensity
Did he have uncles with Cork as well or is that the gag, typo I suppose?:man_shrugging:

Itā€™s all about silverware

Sure it is, now the big house secured it.

Christ.

8 Likes

Everyone knows it was a pity HOTY.

Yeah, the transfer kitty has helped a lot :rofl:

2 Likes

Look lads, if ye want to judge a players impact over the couple of seasons heā€™s made a real mark be my guest.

The knowledgeable hurling man must look at the bigger picture.

1 Like

Christ on a bicycle

3 Likes

Iā€™m only going to take comments on this Gleeson / Lynch discussion seriously from neutral non Martinstown pants sniffers.

Did any name mentioned here destroy Cork hurling with a single shoulder?

Mul is the goat

2 Likes

Lynch has 3 AI and 2 HOTY at 26. Fuck me there is no doubt whos the best player in the country at the moment

Christ on a tandem